Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Land Rover headlight

jackb_ms

Hi

I'm looking into changing the headlight of my 21 (rust problem *mad*)

If the headlights of a land rover do not rust, they shouldn't rust on my car.

I believe the diameter of the headlight is 7", what I don’t know if it will fit on my car.

Do someone as some mounting drawing for it attachment/fitting or a spare one I could borrow?

Thanks for your help

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

Land Rover use 7" Wipac Quadoptic lenses, see SVC web pages - headlight section, www.s-v-c.co.uk

These have a glass reinforced polyester resin moulded reflector that is vacuum aluminised, hence your comment about not rusting (by the way our headlight bodies are made fron brass so do not rust).

Good general purpose headlights - streets ahead of the old Quadoptic design.

hope this helps

Steve @ sVc

Steve,

I'm a bit confuse by what you are saying about rusting and the Wypac Quadoptic. If they have a glass reinforced polyester resin moulded reflector that is vacuum aluminised, will the reflector rust?

If I want to have no more problem with rust, do I need to get the brass one?

I have the CIBIE unit fitted but I'm not sure what the reflector is made out of.

Thank for your help

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

OK, the new Quadoptics have the plastic moulded reflector so they wont rust.

Older Quadoptics had a steel reflector that suffered rusting and was not as accurate and the moulded one.

Sorry about the reference about the brass headlight - didn't see yours is a 21. Our "7" type freestanding headlights are brass.

The vast majority of production car headlights have moulded reflectors in this material as it gives an very accurate surface. If Owjay wants even more info, the material is called Dough Moulding Compound in the UK and for some reason Bulk Molding Compound in the USA

Regards

Steve @ sVc