Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Need a lawyer/solicitro type person

neil.cavanagh

So the offer on the house has been accepted...

mortgage with bank should be in hand...

Duncan is looking into a survey for me ( *thumbup* *thumbup*)

so the missing link is a lawyer/solicitor type person to juggle paper work and do all the contract stuff...

Are there any shedders who can help (house is in Bisley, Surrey if that matters...) or recommend a 'good' lawyer? *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Edited by - neil.cavanagh on 25 Jan 2005 11:50:19

Ask your estate agent or mortgage lender for recommendations. You mortgage lender will probably use the same solicitor/LC.

My firm don't do conveyancing and you can write what I know about it on the back of a postage stamp with a 6" paint brush.............. 😳

Hello...somebody mention a solicitor.... *cool*

Unfortunately Mr Caravaner, as Chef Mayo says, I am a corporate solicitor and totally useless for selling houses/remortgaging house.....I do know people who can help you..... *smile*

BUT....as Tam says....try asking for a reference from your estate agent...they all have pals that can help and having a solicitor local to you does help with all the paper pushing... 😬...

Bx

Caterham 21 1.8K Supersport 😬 😬

(K8 XTC formerly R351 BMX) 😬

Edited by - Ballast on 25 Jan 2005 13:32:11

recommend a 'good' lawyer

with the argument I'm having with our lawyers I would suggest there's no such thing.

We sought advice on a CC summons against us which we knew had no chance. £700 later we have the precident case (but no hard copy of the ruling). Solicitor agrees I should take over from there. I do, go to court and, luckily for me, my office manager has included the judgement summary in the precedent case so I win.

We now get a demand for further payment from the guy who's taken over from the one we dealt with (he's left) asking for more money. To make matters worse he's got confused with the case and keeps wuoting a different matter which was closed over 6 months ago.

(Sorry to hijack Neil-just had to rant)

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Tonight I stand here as excited as a masochist who has arrested just been by the Spanish Inquisition I have. About to witness you are will be the piece of entertainment most exciting since Bernard the Bear Baiter stopped using a big brown cushion and actually got himself a bear.

doing a Blackadder impression>

Doesn't really work does it... *confused* 😬

BB