Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CR500's vs A48's

Mr G

Toyo Proxes T1's.

It's the first time that I've heard that tyre mentioned (head in sand!!).

Are they any good? Has anyone else used them?

Edited by - Mr G on 26 Jan 2005 23:47:10

Edited by - Mr G on 27 Jan 2005 10:41:52

• Leadership Team
Why would you have more pressure in the fronts ?

Required pressure is a combination of mass exerted / tyre size. If you run bigger tyres on the rear then you can have a situation where they may need a lower pressure due to the volume of air they contain. A good analogy is a bicycle tyre - a narrow racing bike tyre will need 100+ psi, whereas a wide mountain bike tyre will only need around 65 for the same compression on the road. take a look at the rating of a HGV tyre next time your stopped at eye level *thumbup*

Stu.

• Support Team

Norman - I am led to believe that CR500's are much lighter than any of the Yokohama tyres. While they might not be quite as light as ACB10's they could be close enough for you not to lose too much in the weight stakes. I think that given your statement above about the conditions you typically drive in, you might enjoy things more with CR500's.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I've always preferred CR500s for road use, with either ACB10s or slicks for the track. Not sure of the exact figures, but there is very little weight difference between my MB rims with ACB10s or CR500s

And I'm sure a man of your talents could wear out the rear ACB10s in no time 😬

Paul