Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Do extreme Vegetarians........

Delbert

To clear things up (and cos my sons attend a vegetarian school amd so all have friends in the 1st 2 categories and there are some in the 3rd category in the school)

Vegetarians don't eat meat but they do eat dairy products and honey

Vegans don't eat or use any animal products, so no meat, no dairy, no honey, no leather and no wool.

Fruitarians don't eat any plants where the harvesting of it would kill the plant (e.g they dont carrots or onions but would eat tomatoes, apples etc)

There is a 4th category, people who say "Yes I'm a vegetarian but I do eat fish" *confused* These people are just daft and need a slap to stop them calling themselves something they are not

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

I have a friend who is a serious Buddhist vegan bordering on fruitarian.

In an idle moment, I shared with her some research into plant sensitivity (the classic stuff on Mimosa pudica & Dracaena massangeana including how they react if shrimps are boiled alive in an adjacent lab as well as more modern stuff on tropisms). 😬

"Oh!" she gasped "So plants have feelings too........."

She is now wrestling with the ethical dilemma as to whether she can actually pluck fruit from the plant or whether she has to wait for it to fall off naturally. *eek*

Silver SV SSR