Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 7 VVC For Sale

RobM

Re-Advertised due to the buyer's car sale falling through:

I've been dreading having to make this post, but here we go. The time has come for me to buy my first house and therefore my house deposit (i.e. my seven), has to be sold ☹️. Here are the details:

The car: Caterham 7 1.8 VVC, 1999 V reg.

The colour: Viper Blue with silver bonnet stripe (see the VVC in the 1999 Caterham catalogue - mine is identical).

The spec: 5 speed box (good match for a VVC), FIA roll bar, full weather equipment with hood bag, heated windscreen, leather seats, Momo steering wheel, cycle wings and '7' grille. I've kept the car completely standard, other than fitting an Apollo tank. The driver's side has a Caterham four-point harness, and the passenger's side has an intertia reel seatbelt (saves them fiddling for ages!).

The condition: Excellent. I have always garaged the car (under Caterham dust sheet - I'll include that) and taken great care of it - as far as I know it's still on its original factory fitted tyres!

The mileage: currently 11,000. I bought the car three years ago from Caterham Cars with 4,800 miles on the clock.

Service history: Full Caterham factory service history.

The boring bits: MOT 12 months and tax.

The Price: £17,250. A very reluctant sale as I really love this car!

Photos soon to appear here

Contact me either via e-mail, reply to this post or by phone on 07717 727110. I live between Reading and Basingstoke.

Edited by - RobM on 21 Jan 2005 21:39:48

Edited by - RobM on 4 Mar 2005 18:16:28

The price reflects the car I'm afraid - I was advised to sell it for "between £17k and £17.5k", so I think the price is very fair indeed.

My seven has not been modified in any way or thrashed - I bought it from Caterham and have cherished it much as one would look after a classic car (in fact it sits next my Dad's concours condition 1948 MG TC in the garage). Brakes, suspension, ECU and bhp are all standard - the car is just as it was when it left the showroom (see Den's post). I've always known that I would have to sell it to get my money back for a house deposit, so I've done all that I can to retain the value of it; i.e. resisting the temptation to do too many track days (I've done two) or modify the car.

The bhp of the VVC is 150/153 bhp depending on sources if you're interested. The engine has a lovely spread of torque throughout the rev range though, which makes it a different drive to many other sevens. Some don't like that of course, but I'm a bit of a fan of the VVC... which is why I bought one *smile*.

Pictures to come soon on Den's site - as soon as I can get him a CD (I don't have broadband or a website).

- How can such a cute looking car sound so ferocious! -

I asked this of Caterham when I bought it and the salesman didn't seem to know. I do have a 'Post Build Inspection' stamp in the service book though, so I've always assumed this meant it was built from a kit. Looking around the car you can tell that it wasn't rushed - everything is done very neatly indeed.

On Wednesday evening I'm going to give Den a CD full of photos, and he has them promised to post them on his website. I'll post to this thread when that has happened.

thanks for the offer Darren. I've sorted that out with Den now 😬 I'd like to see your new car actually, but I'm unfortunately busy this Thursday. Another time though!

Hello

I'm looking for a Caterham 1800 VVC post 1998

I’m in France and the car must be factory built with chassis number like SDKRDSARC.... or SDKRDFARC…, because when a car is imported in France, we must register the car by an administration (the Drire = DVLA ??) to become road legal. the operation is very easy when the car has a European Conformity Certificate. But for a caterham a SVA is necessary; and the controler is cooler when the chassis number is like the chassis number declared by the french importer for this type of Cat. (no problem for the R =RHD)

the french administration does not like the kit cars.

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier, I understand now; I didn't know that. I have just checked my service book for you and yes, it was built as a kit I'm afraid.

Shame, I would like nothing better than to deliver the car to the South of France!!

"n'achetez pas une voiture comme çà?" pourquoi?! Je conviens au sujet de RHD.

et.. je conviens, RHD c'est invendable aprés en France; mais.. vous pourriez le vendre en Angleterre?