Buda

La plagne (Centre) weather forcast (at resort, not high up)-

Friday - min -8, max -3, windchill -20, snow 10cm

Saturday - min -8, max -5, windchill -18, snow 8cm

Sunday - 😬 - min -17, max -9, windchill -29 (brr), snow 1cm

Monday - min -15, max -13, windchill -27 (brr), snow 9cm

Tuesday - min -19, max -14, winchill -32 (brrrrr), snow 2cm

Wednesday - min -21, max -14, windchill -32 (brrr rrrr), snow none forcast

it be cold in dem dare hills, mind you when I was in Tignes over Xmas we had -30 on top of the glacier now that was a little bit chilly

😬

(ps I'm gonig to hire some 1080's again, I like them)

Edited to add

BB - they are quads of plastic and ali not iron

Edited by - Buda on 21 Jan 2005 10:18:15

bbrrrrr... wrap up warm out there kids!

My dad got frost bite on his face in about 30 mins when at the top of Saas Fee (3200m or so) years back when it was -20C with big wind going. So you stand a real risk of that to!!

Coldest I've been though was a day skiing in Maine. 'only' about -15C but really strong wind and very humid. The humidity made a huge difference over usual dry mountain climates. ALl you could stand outside was about 10mins. ie one chair life ride up and then straight down as quick as you could to the bar!!! needless to say no lift queues and resort was empty! Only the nutty brits out!!

My friend did get frost bite in his ear. Which was the one he normally used to answer the phone. So we had great fun for a day or two after calling him up to have him answer 'Hel....arararrthghhggh... thunk' as he put phone to ear forgetting how much that was going to hurt!!! 😬 😬

thank cod you mentioned it, them fish can be dangeroush, infact fish havecaused some of the most upsetting experiences Ive had, ok

(oo did you see what I did then hadok, good eh?)

any way back on topic I shall be taking my neoprene face mask with me to prevent undue frostnip/bite to the nose

I'm worried about perching on the ski lifts, dont want to go carping on about it, the other thing that anoys me are all the snappers taking your picture in the resort and then trying to sell them to you, anyway I'm going to have a whale of a time.

(I know a whale is a mammal, or an insect depending on your point of view)

Sorry *tongue*

Just don't see the point of strapping two planks of wood to yer feetses and chuckin yerself off a mountain 😳

It's cold and snowy here - why go somewhere colder and snowier *confused*

Now - the carribean - that's more like it 😬

😬 Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional 😬 Click here to see the old Barbarella ... and the new one two 😬 It's not me that's mad - it's the car 😬