Click here if you are having website access problems ×

And BB wonders...

neil.cavanagh

I don't get it, I always got my engine serviced at the dealer and if I wanted a but of a tune up in-between I took it to a man with a dog and a set of four oil damped davida gauges and drank coffee. I didn't have the LSD on mine, but it zoomed past 14k miles in a year with one service, 200 pounds worth of oil and six filters!! 😳

Of course I only ever drove it sedately around the leafy lanes, not wanting to disturb the wildlife... *tongue*

BB

PS You must try being a passenger Lee's if you are at the Anglsey trackday. It is just sooo different 😬

PPS New clutch and flywheel fitted in a normal R3-400 ~£400? (I guess) would almost be the same as a replacement engine, clutch and gearbox for a 'Blade *wink*

I think the chance of me fitting in Lees AND it keeping running with the extra 100kg of ballast is fairly slim!!

Just out of interest on your comment in previous thread about how a whippet 7 is totally different to a 'proper' SeVen... I do disagree. The one I drove yesterday was not that differnt. The differences would be allowed for by it being 15K miles fresher than mine, having the SS-R engine, 6spd box, lsd and big brakes.

anyway.. your still an obsessed weirdo and should be banished to the room of poo again until you realise that BECs are only for sado-machicsts who weight less than 50kg and think a fun night out if going to watch lettuce grow down the local allotments... 😬 😬 😬

Edited by - neil.cavanagh on 20 Jan 2005 13:42:01

BB - I've got a set of Morgan gauges and a dog, and some coffee for that matter! Feel free to come and share in all of them once you get a new beast! Although, be careful with the dog as he has his limits.... *wink*

I still find it really strange that the car boys see bike engines as some strange alien things from the planet Dagobah. It's an engine, with a gear box and a clutch! So there.... *wink*

I wish I weighed less than 50kg, then I might actually be able to fit on my Yamaha TZ250 (like those wots ont telly!) ☹️ *wink* 😳 *biggrin* *thumbup*

We will mend it We will fix it...

I've told the ballast that I'm going to be hankering after a R1ot as soon as we have made a dint in this house buying thing and hopefully can rent a garage. I reckon that after a few months of watching Mav help me build it (cheers fella *wink*), even he shall agree that it is the true one way forward and that Chapman himself would have approved of it, were he not in hiding following the 'Irish thing'... 😳 *tongue*

What kind of dog do you have BTW?

BB

Edited by - Badger Bill on 21 Jan 2005 13:54:24

She's 32, speaks fluent french, 5' 5"..... tee hee hee!!! *wink*

Actually, he's a four-month old brown 'n' white smooth-coat border collie, called 'Ralph I want to be a fire engine WOO WOO WOO my cats names mittens Bernard Cribbins Banshee unit Wiggum'. Or just Ralph for short and he's mint! *smile*

Good ord mini-beast!

That's the second time I've mentioned Ralphs full name on here today... How strange! *smile*

Good ord R1ot, but I'd be looking to wedge a Striker r-send on it if I had one - I'm just not a fan of the 'rear wheels on sticks with mudguards' look I'm afraid! *thumbdown* *confused*

But, once you've built it you're more than welcome to come across to the right side of the Pennines to use my gauges, or drink my coffee and watch me use 'em! Bring Mr Tyson with you..... *smile*

editied to put more than one 'd' in mudguards!

Edited by - Coose on 21 Jan 2005 16:01:12

Nope, it's a lively 2.1 pinto, on 48's I think 😳. He was having some issues with a sticking valve, but I guess that they will all be over now and he'll be charging about all over the shop in it. Good looking car in metallic light blue. Really well finished, with nice shut lines and a tidy dash. I think that it might even have a wireless *eek*

I'll try and phone him this w/e and see what he's up to. When is the Coosemobile due to be back on the road?

BB

Edited by - Badger Bill on 21 Jan 2005 16:29:11

A pinto? What is he thinking????? *wink*

Bart should hopefully be back on the road in April, but the way I'm going at the minute (i.e. had to go back to work AGAIN tonight.... *mad*) I may be pushing it! Literally.....

If I can get it done afore then I will......

• 4 years later...

And I was right, it is not the same as a BEC, a much more proper car, I don't even need a helmet or four layers to keep warm (it has a heater!!!), but not the worse for it. I have a clear sky up here for the first time since I got it, and it hasn't dumped it guts out on the road yet, so I may take the long way home and see if it gets more exciting when you rev it past the slimey road rev limited 4k rpm *cool* 😬 *smile*

BB

Well the good news story is that the MAVsport motor is going strong, so strong that it has blown the exhaust apart! *smile* I'm going try going back to the engine builder to try and get compo, or at least contribution to the costs of repairs *wink* 😬

By the time I get off the motorway on the way home the motor is well up to temp and last night with dry roads and daylight I pressed on a bit. It goes like the clappers beyond 5k *eek* *thumbup* but really is not much to talk about below that, meaning gearchanges are many, but the shift is sweet so this is OK. Had a couple of moments where I was not sure if the uneven road was going to unsettle it under power going from a 30 to 60, but I needn't have worried, it just wandered about a little bit then settled back down. Roll on summer, fellas!

BB

Edited by - Badger Bill on 18 Feb 2009 14:20:55

Edited by - Badger Bill on 19 Feb 2009 08:51:33

Edited by - Badger Bill on 19 Feb 2009 08:53:02

Edited by - Badger Bill on 19 Feb 2009 08:55:19

Edited by - Badger Bill on 19 Feb 2009 08:56:45

Edited by - Badger Bill on 19 Feb 2009 08:57:29

Edited by - Badger Bill on 19 Feb 2009 08:58:17

Edited by - Badger Bill on 19 Feb 2009 08:59:17