Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cosworth BDG 2.1 litre engine

AMMO

I will be in the position to buy this car in the next couple of weeks. I will only do so if there is some sort of interest in the engine.

So, anybody interested? You don't have to commit to buy if the info I supply does not satisfy you. Just show interest. Otherwise I will not bother with the car, as nice as it is. Also it doesn't make any sense for me to own a BDG as my core business is Duratecs.

I will gather all the necessary information on the engine if somebody wants it. No point wasting a trip to take photos and get all the info if nobody is interested.

AMMO

Peter 😬 At least I know where I stand.

So far we have covered drag racing, bastardised engines, turbos. exploding supercharged nitrous Hiabusas, Clive Kendrick, Mallocks etc.

These engines are so desireable I thought I'd be beating people off with a stick. In contrast Duratecs fly out the door on a regular basis without even having to advertise them. Thankfully.

Spoke to an engine builder mate who knows about BDGs. He said I should just go ahead and buy the car and worry about selling the engine later. He is convinced it will go at some point.

So today's plan is to go ahead and buy the car. I have a couple weeks to blow hot and cold about it until my money comes through but my gut feeling is that I will go ahead and do it.

In the mean time if anybody is interested send me an email.

AMMO