Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sheds team required?

mav

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex is completely recovered from when you borrowed Sumy - I mean he only has therapy three times a week now 😳 *tongue* 😬

Hope you have a great time Boonie - once you've practiced in a Caterham car for a bit, maybe then Windy will let you have a go in his!

*wink*

Rach

I wish I had found out that you lot hide away in here instead of posting in the real forum.

The slalom day is great, whilst you may not get hours in the car for your money it is still great VFM as everyone has a good laugh. Even the most nervous of drivers will enjoy themselves by the end of the day. The first slalom day I went on Nemesis got beaten by a 17 year old girl who if I remember correctly hadn't even passed her test.

Lee was unlucky last time. I reckon his run they disallowed was penalty free and said so but they gave him the penalty anyway. Still, it made for a great finale to the day (yes better for me in the end but either way it was great fun) As for my run, it was far from perfect.

Neil, you say you got warned about going into the 'garage' too fast. Wasn't it you who in doing so took out all the cones down one side of the garage.

Neil, I don't practice donuts on petrol forecourts and have no idea where you get that from. It was very slippery and my foot slipped off the clutch so I ended up turning through 180 degrees. The real donut was in the car park at Bury Hill one morning. I couldn't stay though as the workers in the cafe came out looking very unimpressed I am told. Still by then I had drifted the car out to the road.

Duncan

Edited by - DuncanP on 19 Jan 2005 14:58:07

I had a fantastic day but I couldn't have been more nervous beforehand.

I'd driven a caterham 50 yards before in a straight line and so I thought I'd end up stalling it all the time and everyone would laugh! Lee laughed at me but that was about it - everyone else was just great fun, helpful and encouraging! They took me out on a demo before everyone else and once the first run was out of the way I wasn't nervous anymore just wanted to get that donut right and by the end of the day I'd done at least two good donuts!

Only problem now is Lee won't let me drive his caterham and definitely won't let me do donuts ...something about a dodgy clutch apparently...I think he's just making excuses! Coz if I practise I might beat him one day (doubtful even I was impressed - don't tell him though, I have to live with him in february not sure I could take his ego!)...anyone wanna lend me a car!!

*wink*

I'd love to go again but as Lee says we can't do the April ones

Great idea in theory Delbert and one which I usually use Lee very rarely gets a say in much!!! However despite being extremely talented etc etc I haven't yet mastered the art of fitting new clutches...so I have to be nice until he's got round to that and then I'll take the car or hold his guitar ransom or something, maybe I'll threaten to kill his fish... .... (variation on bunny boiling I suppose! *wink*)

If any of you northern monkeys wants a bed for the night, we're only an hour (or less in a seven ) 😬 from Dunsfold - Just shout and we'll buy in some extra sossiges & bacon ! Saves the trouble of a B&B *thumbup*

😬 Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional 😬 Click here to see the old Barbarella ... and the new one two 😬 It's not me that's mad - it's the car 😬

I'm now in the process of booking for Silverstone - may even drag Mrs B and R400 along. So if you happened to be there Paul with your camera and happened to be taking pics and maybe even happened to get one of me then I may be inertested in buying some shots off you...happen.

Takes out large wet haddock from behind back and slaps Ross.