Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Super-7, for Sale

frog1

"French", "bonkers" - these are certainly words that go well together, especially as far as cars are concerned. The challenge is that it cannot be registered (no SVA) or insured here. A couple of Blat-chatters in Northern France run back across the channel anually but it is no go from here. It's even too low to load onto the car-train 😬

Caterham have agent a few hundred miles form here but he warns that there is only approved derivative of the C7 approved for registration in France so, no, Fr is a bit of a no-go area for C7's.

Happy to be told otherwise thought...... 😬

Is the car too new - I understood they could be registered if before a certain age - I thought it was before 1994?

Batteredoldsupersport (post a lot here) I think has completed this process.

Obviously I stand to be corrected.

Edited by - Bradbys on 19 Jan 2005 22:59:09

[correction]

Er, no, I haven't. Mine is a 1.4kss and I think it's registerable over here but I am keeping my head down as I have too much else to do. I reckon it would cost £200+ fees and extra for cat etc. It's a hell of a process and I find it easier to keep a UK address and lie to 'les flics'

[/correction]

The site run by Stephane Joucla has details of which 7s are known to the Fr authorities, it's awkward. Basically they don't want these noisy, fast, expensive cars in France. If they were made here type approval would of course be muuuuch easier, but you knew this anyway.

correct and the guy here who "sell" C7 make you pay € 150 to write you ,almost this : if you did bought from... , no certificate ; so no registration

the only one here possible are the new 1.6 and the vvc up to early 2004

any way that car is way overprice for here.... unless 1€ =1 £ *confused*

Cant beleive this one is still for sale -must be the biggest no brainer ever with no risk and the info is all there up front in black and white

Best of luck Julian *biggrin*

89 HPC BDR 170 bhp yellow / black cycle C6 BJL

Blatting around Angus and Perthshire with a permanent grin

# 27272

I just read "Bernard's" post - not sure I understand it fully but I'll try to clarify the issue.

The car in question is a UK/RHD vehicle carrying a UK Q-Plate . My sale-site (www.se7enth-heaven.co.uk) is explicit that the car was bought as a kit and is de-facto Q-Plated.

There is no chance of getting this car registered for road use in France and I should image not in any other country either. So please do not even consider it.

Bernard is right that this is only one holologated C7 model available for sale in France; however I understand most owners buy and register in the UK, insure on a 365-day green-card and return once a year for an MOT. That is not an option for me in the South and even with 15" wheels the car is too low for the Car-Train.

Any EU buyer would only acquire this vehicle as a well-sorted track/sprint/'climb car, de-plate it and trailer it to and from events.

I tried to be clear in the terms of the sale that I was offering to sell this to a UK buyer - though I am open to offers from anywhere in the world... 😬

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding?

Brgds/Jules

Thanks for the encouragement Doc.

I'm not sure what more I can do.. maybe there just isn't the interest any more?

Or maybe i need to focus on a more "motorsport" oriented forum (afterall, nearly everyone-else here has one already *tongue*

And thanks to everyone who stopped by the site.

Brgds/Jules