Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New zetec engine

rickslack

Its got a big valve ported head from Dunnell with their cams and vernier pulleys. Pistons are pocketed and arp big end bolts fitted. Good exhaust and throttle bodies, Paul at Dunnell reakons around 220bhp. Remember this engine is NEW and not yet run.

Rick, Bernard veut dire que ces moteurs sont disponible chez les casseurs pour environ £600 à £1500, mais il va falloir peut-être attendre entre 1 jour et 2 mois pour en trouver un. Il faut aussi faire beaucoup d'appels téléphoniques, qui ne font qu' augmenter le prix effectif. Il ajoute " *confused*"

Ca te va? *wink*

Bises. 😬

thank battle.... for translating my english into french

ils comprenent mieux bizarre ces anglais 😬

il est peut etre special son moteur , mais il manque beaucoup de chose

quite a few item are missing which add up to the price

as often here , they *mad* think we are as women (buy on "husband" credit card and pulsion = l want it RIGHT NOW !!! 🤔 ) and they over price most thingsssss

You don't have to buy it Bernard but it would be nice if you could have the decency to refrain from making your comments on someone's sale post.

The price doesn't look out of court to me compared with others of a similar ilk.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

😬Nifty, bang on on both posts. *thumbup*

Bernard, it is generally considered to be impolite to make remarks like "this is overpriced" in Blatchat For Sale. Chit chat is the place. This engine has been modified so is not the same thing as you'd find in a breaker. If it is overpriced then it won't sell, and the seller will realise. En tout cas, les prix des choses qu'on ne veut pas acheter ne sont pas mes oignons, ni les tiens. *wink*

I am not goading but stating the facts as i see them, cos i do not like people slanging on others web sales.

Just rebuilt my zetec so current prices of bits in head

Bulk std 2l zetec breakers 150 hp 40k miles out of mondeo about 250 to 450 notes depending on condition.

Std ford bottom end 560 part ex from ford

Stage 2 head 800, stage 3 1200 (burton prices) stage 3 big valves!!!!!

Cams 250 verniers 150ish

forged bottom end not a lot of change out of 3000 notes

So with oil pump 95 and bolted up head bolts and gaskets 60 notes i make this with std bottom end

with alternator timing belt starter brand new i reckon std about 2800 of engine

if its forged bottom end then 5800 to 6200 notes

So looks like a bargin to me, you gets what you pay for

Contribution over

Good luck with the sale rickslack

• 3 weeks later...