Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Superlight Disappointments

Mike C.

Martin,

The lad was called Geoff Northcott (Miraz), he picked his SV up yesterday I believe.

I have a set of virtually new ali adjustable platforms supplied by Caterham if that's of any help to save you a few bob. You can call me 07970-381616 if you like....I'll switch phone on now.........going out at about 10.15.

Cheers,

Kenny HPC

my thoughts are...

the brightness of the LEDs is purely down to what Caterham feel like fitting at the time. My indicator one is so dim you can barely see it. The main beam on my previous SLR was so bright that it defeated the point of main beam with its blast of bright blue light!

I don't like the sequential lights, I think a change light is just fine.

Graham

I've spent the afternoon starting to get to grips with the new car, so far the front suspension is together, minus the arb.

It didn't seem to be possible to insert the bolt for the rear leg of the lower wishbone from the front, as there was insufficent clearance from the crossmember that supports the steering rack. Is this me being dense, or does the new chassis need to have the bolt run from the back?

Also the brakes lines appear to have been routed over, and attached to the pedal box cover, which seems a little curious - is this normal?

I've just been reading the other thread warning about the joys of fitting the diff - guess I'll discover that first hand tomorrow.

Miraz

In regards to the shiftlight system. I bought mine from Aces. The Sure Shift 2 is a complete user friendly system that is 100% programmable where the R500 unit has fixed shift points. Caterham did much research before choosing the shift light for their cars. You ca also reach them at:

www.sureshift.com

Richard Gibson

85 Caterham Spint

I haven't got a windscreen on my latest 7 but on the previous VVC I thought I had lost the intermitient wipe, but eventually found it by accident. I turned the wipers to single speed and then turn them off again before they complete the first wipe. They then carried on intermitiently. To turn off, you need to turn them on again in single wipe for more than a complete wipe.

Hope this makes sense.

I now know:

Caterhams no longer have intermittent wipe. It was deleted because of too many failures.

The absence of a change up light and the tacho problems are related to the new engine management system. I am told that Caterham are working on a 'fix' but, in the meantime, aftermarket systems are no use because the latest cars no longer have a single coil. Instead there is one on top of each spark plug - hence the new plastic (not metal) plug cover.

Fit an uprated bulb to the indicator warning light and you won't forget to swich it off.

Mad Manx