Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Questions for Mrs GTD

neil.cavanagh

Mrs GTD,

do you know what the rules are for when they can shoot at the huge Bisley range? I've found a rather nice old house (with double garage!) that I'm thinking of buying that is 1/2 a mile down the road. It is therefore well within earshot range of the range! Just wondered if they are prevented from started toooo early on a sunday morning...

thanks!

N.

Neil,

On a serious note the other good sign is to find out if Kate Aide or Jeremy Bowen have camped in the garden at any point 😬

Now really on a serious note.

Used to have a Clay Pidgeon facility in the field below mine in Newbury.

Forgot it was there after a couple of weeks, never did find the pet ducks though

Too Old to die Young *eek*

Neil - sounds good to me, when I go up to Bisley with Angie I can stop round for a beer (she's driving!). Oh, and her club up in the Camp is rather a good place for a beer, sandwich and chips!

G for Geoff

I lived not too away from the range before and the 'pop pop' noise of the shooting isn't too bad.... until Angie turns up with the Bren gun and all you hear is BOOM BOOM BOOM. 😬 😬 😬

Geoff, we could always blat up and down the round outside making our Caterhams go 'pop, BANG' when Angies opposition is shooting!! *idea* 😬 Should be worth a few browney points in the bar afterwards...

ps the house is about the last one on the right heading from bisley towards the range.. has a big pleb shed parked in the front at the moment if your going pass this w/e...

delbert, it was ok... took my sister and brother along for a 2nd opinion and they agreed it looked OK, but that the kitchen is small.

I'm very torn now between the 1st one (one I sent you link for) which is releaticly modern, risk free, and big enough for now, but albeit bland suburb type dwelling. It is a mile walk from camberley station and a couple of pubs/chav bars/ pizza express type efforts.

Or the other one I saw which had big garage, large garden, rural location (fields to back and side) and loads and loads of character. It is about 0.8 miles to a pub, but not a lot else. Its 5 miles from woking station or about 2 from brookwood. But its older (c 1921) and will need some work doing on it, and they are asking 10K more. But I walked in to it and instantly thought 'this is me' where as the other one I just thought 'this if fine...' plus the double length garage is very very appealing!!

oh what to do.... *confused* *confused* *confused*

yeah, those are two things I had thought of to.

the 'safe bet' cheaper one would be easier to sell I think as it would appeal to more people...

where as the other one is a bit more niche...

I think I'll put in a low ball offer on the 1st one and go and look at the 2nd one again with some more 'advisors' on saturday...