Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Latest X Power Plenum

Mr Locust

"Whilst I understand what Graham is trying to do by saying that 1800's can't have head mods, bigger TB's or alternative ECU's, how can you tell from the outside if an engine is 1400,1600,1800 or even larger?"

I suggest we strip the top 3 class 2&3 engines during lunch, after the 2 practice laps .

This will ensure that all the capacity limits and class rules are met *thumbup*

I'll have my socket set and a hammer so we should be able to get the at least the head off , and whip out 1 or 2 liners to check they are not 1900 cc .

Obviously we wont have time to put it all back together before the timed runs , but it will certainly provide some entertainment for Nifty in the commentry box ........ here comes Mr Margel round the molehill ......... ohh hes stopped ........ oohhh hes got his flask of tea out ........ I hope that flask is secured in the cockpit .........and across the line in 12 minutes 56 seconds .....

😬 *thumbup*

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst you children are all squabbling amongst yourselves - I think I will just keep using the old xflow *wink* *wink*

Not that I have got any choice, anyway!!

Can't get the bits anymore (well, not entirely true!!) so although I would like it to be standard - I just can't help it can I? 😬

Anyway, as said before whatever is agreed has to be easily policed - scrutineering is bad enough and without my mechanic Mark D in class 2 this year I might be bu**ered if I have to change anything myself.

Definitely restrict Ks to 140bhp as a maximum - that's what I say *wink* *wink*

Mike

whilst we are talking 'standard' do we also include other non engine parts or is that totally free *confused*

brakes - don't think they come as standard with pagids, what about aftermarket kits...

tyres - doubt if they ever supplied compound 24's with kits

exhausts - are we only allowing standard caterham components not aftermarket

wheels - ......

etc etc

Gareth

Your point is well made and the X power plenum has not been fitted to a 1600k so fitting that is clearly against the regs. (I'm right in thinking all X Power engines are 1.8's???)

Adrian, who said I'm playing in Class 5 🤔 🤔 🤔

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

is that not what i said in my first post on this subject *confused*

1. the 1600 K's should have, the original plenum the engine was supplied with, if that was the new x power manifold then that should be ok

but a new 1800 x-powered car with the newer plenum should also be eligible as long as no other mods are made *thumbup*

BB - class 6 isn't it *confused* 😬

rob

Blimey this thread has got going 😳

BB / Gareth

My 1600 K car was supplied in kit form in December 2002. The keener eyed amongst you will have noticed that it was supplied with X-power decals 😬

My understanding is that X-power = non Rover application branding for K-series engine.

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

It meant to be fun. I can think of lots of ways to make a 7 go faster without any mods to the engine.

As Rob said

change of pads will give better braking and I think this will give large gains in time over the standard pads. We can not say only use brand X, this is a club champoinship its meant to be fun.

Change your diff might give you advantages on some courses, change your gear box and on we go and go and go.............................

Class 2 and 3 should be seen as an entry level, were costs can be kept to a minimum if you want, and you can still be competive.

There will always be a cost to motorsport but class 2 offers cheap motorsport as the tyres will last a year or so and do not cost lots. Class 3 has more expence with new and more expencive tyres than class 2 that could be replaced each year? (I run on 2nd hand 32r ss last year).

I think last year in class 3 showed it all close at the top. There will always be someone that has more BHP or bigger brakes or lighter car or rear deffuser, slotted front wings, brighter paint job with reduced air resistance but as long as the car is not betting everyone by lots, thats life. If it is beating all the others in the class then they should be pushed upto class 4 or 5.

I think there should be a group of reps that have the power to push people up a class if all appers not to be fair. Also if you win class 2 or 3 you should be given the opertunity to retain your tital and if you win for the 2nd year you should have to move up to 4 or 5 for a year.

Just a few thoughts

David