Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tonight I'm eating....

neil.cavanagh

Pheasant, prepared by my own hand... casseroled in in a red wine, bacon & cream 'jus' (posh for sauce', with 'sprouts, braised red cabbage & mash....

yum yum... I hope!! 😬 😬 😬

accompanied by a nice Rioja, and with possibly some stinky cheese and port to follow....

What with Delbert and now Neil taking such an interest in game, I think there's scope for a shedly "kill-it-and-eat-it" game and barbecue subculture, wherein you eat for Sunday tea what you ran over than morning on a blat.

Just think of the variety it could inject into the diet for the jaded palate - pheasant, pigeon, rabbit, deer, badger, horse, lollipop lady....

I must protest in the strongest way

I would never put a small child in a burger bun

They are much better slowly spit roasted with a honey and juniper glaze

I will however permit it to be noted that I have also enjoyed a soya sauce and maple syrup glaze *eek*

Too Old to die Young *eek*

Sorry Delbert

If it's a "eat wot you brung" party - there's no saying "no"

As me old mum used to say ** "Yer eat wot yer given and don't leave the table till yer plates empty" (ouch - my ear still hurts just thinking about it)

** (She never ACTUALLY said that - but i'm paraphrasing to ensure the cockney language survives without the crap BBC Eastenders accent being the primary example)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional 😬 Click here to see the old Barbarella ... and the new one two 😬

now, I'm led to believe that it is illegal to actually collect any animals you kill yourself in the car. However, if you find some road kill that was hit by someone else it is ok to collect. This is done, I believe, to stop you deliberately trying to sideswip a pheasant and taking it home for your dinner..

Now, the way around this is to obviously hunt in packs. So you could have Delbert out front in ZeNA carefully beheading any little bambies or pheasants (or peasants) that wonder into his path, and I can could follow up in Colin collecting the spoils.

Though would this be demeed as hunting with a pack of cats and cause an amendement to the hunting with dogs bill???? *confused* 😬 😬

Personnaly I live on the edge

I have been known to swerve on a country road and collect a Pheasant by opening the door *eek*

But going back to your plan I do see a slight flaw.As such you go first in Colin and ZeNA will come from behind and collect the spoils *confused*

Too Old to die Young *eek*

If you kill it on your own land, it's yours.

Sooooooo....just drive as though you own the road. In fact, drive like a man possessed, as possession is nine tenths of the law anyway, so go at ten-tenths just to make sure.

Ownership of any edible carcase is therefore yours.