Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Air Box for a Duratec

MikeE

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an Arnie prototype airbox to try out. Sold it as I could not fit it with flared wings. I have since purchased an airbox from Bernard Scouse. It has 100 mm inlet and is designed for an Elise (the Caterham one only has a 75 mm inlet). It was my intention to fit it with a remote K&N filter. With the current direct to head throttle bodies it would require an odd shaped cutout in the bonnet. Would probably be OK in an SV. The alternative is to fit short bodies (don't like that idea) and keep the whole lot under the bonnet. Not a problem if you can duct some cold air to the filter.

For the short term I will run a Pipercross filter and concentrate on getting the car on the road. I'll worry about the airbox later.

I may be tempted to sell the airbox I have if somebody wants it. You can see the airbox at www.auto-teknix.co.uk.

AMMO

Ammo,

Danny and I are both after an external airbox system (we currently have external Pipercross filters but this means we consistently fail trackday driveby noise tests) similar to the DiTP system.

cheers

R400 Duratec 230bhp *cool* Build and Modification Pictures here