Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I want a Westfield

Myles

Indeed - I'm not 100% sure that's the only power option... I might get lost in the fearsome 4-speed gearbox too!

They do look great, though - didn't get a chance to look at how well built/complex they are though (bonnet was down, ran out of time.)

"From £8950"...

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

BMC 1275 engine *eek*

I asked at the stand how they get it through SVA testing, specifically with respect to the headlight height. It seems they provide a headlight pod which attaches to the front wings and mounts some headlights at the correct height. After the SVA test you remove the pods, make good the bodywork, and only then get it painted *eek*

SEP field working, not spotted in 103,100 miles. Some photos on webshots, updated 21 Sept

They announced it in July but I haven't heard anything since.

Kit Information

Eleven Replicas Kit list.

What you get from Westfield Sports Cars

Chassis powder coated

Bodywork including doors screen and body fasteners (fitted)

Aluminium panels (fitted)

2 Top front wishbones and bushes

2 bottom front wishbones and bushes

4 trailing arms and bushes

Panard rod and bushes

Brake pipe kit Inc aero quip and T pieces

Top steering column and lock

Lower steering column

Shocks and springs

Fuel tank and sender (fitted)

Filler cap

Dash blank

Headlamp covers

2 seats covered

Carpet set

Lamp set

Exhaust

Pedal Box and master cylinder

Only £8,950.00 Including VAT

What you need to find from a MG Midget/Sprite (chrome bumper)

Engine 1275cc "A" series, gearbox and ancillaries

Front Uprights (king Pin) including brake caliper, disc and steering arm

Steering rack and mounts

Instruments

Radiator

Hand brake cable and linkage

Rear Axle

Wheels

Propshaft

Engine and gearbox mount

M1 7 SMW 1.4-now-1.8K Mem.No. 10376 Picture here 😬

Uhhhh... you already Have One!!

Now correct if misstaklen but the Eleven Body 'fits' the seven.. mostly.

Seven was a cheapened 11 car sans the Pricey Ali Body work. Just as Mabel demanded.

There are Several firms supplying 11 bodies..(some V inexpensivley) usually in GRP and with extra length in the front section (just Like Replacement E type Hoods) so that customers can fit to needs.. Buy and fit one :-)

• Area Representative
The XI was a very good looking car but as I remember it did not have that enormous fareing behind the drivers head. If you could dispense with that then you would have a car which looks like the Corgi (but it might have been Dinky - I should check) toy I had when I was young. Also it would look like the pics I have seen, the release pics in July - and would be far more attractive!

The Fareing was added for Le mans I believe I like the look myself. Of Course Westfield used to make an XI back in the day which by all accounts was quite good. Be nice to see it with a more modern lump though.

Driving on the left side 😬

I agree a lovely looking car BUT I'd want a decent lump and IRS to make it handle and ride as well as it looks. Can remember what the original had but if ordinary Westfields can have IRS why hasnt this?

Zetec powered supersprint in brg waiting for spring

The Westfield XI is actually a pretty accurate copy of the clubman version of the Lotus XI, to the extent that a fair number of parts are interchangeable. The K, various bike engines and the Fiat twin cam have all been fitted to spridgets and the Westfield salesman confirmed they should all fit. (remember to apply salestalk factor though). IRS would require serious chassis surgery though.

SEP field working, not spotted in 103,100 miles. Some photos on webshots, updated 21 Sept

I spoke to the chap on the stand. He was very good in that, when I told him I was a caterham owner he didnt clam up. We had a chat about all things 7 and moved on to the X1. He said thay had gone back into production due to demand and were selling at a nice rate. (didn't say what that was though). I had a quick look around (not under bonnet) and it was very well made. So was the 7 only surprise was the price, 29995. Why would anyone want to pay that when you can get a Caterham for same money.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here