Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cam Carrier Sealant.....

dd1961

Best stuff/worst stuff, it's all anaerobic sealant. If you can get it from Halfords and you've no Rover dealer in sight, then the Halford stuff is FAAAAR better. A lot cheaper too (about half price for a slightly larger amount). They may have the Loctite stuff, but do a price check with the Halford stuff first.

The guys in Halfords probably won't know what you're after so ask for silicone sealant or exhaust sealant. In the two Halfords stores around here, ALL the sealants are together. The anaerobic stuff is in a little see-through concertina cylindrical plastic container about an inch and a half in diameter and about 2 and half inches long. The goop itself is orange.

Edited by - V7 SLR on 14 Jan 2005 16:25:06

Just to reiterate V7's comments.... I refitted my cam carrier this morning, and had already bought some of the Rover anaerobic sealant. When I found this was only enough to do the cam carrier, I bought some more, but this time the Halford's stuff, for refitting the crank ladder later.

Very glad I had bought the Halfords stuff - I know it was a bit cold this morning, but the Rover stuff was so thick, and there's so little in a large bottle (it has to have a lot of air in it to stop it setting in the bottle ) I could hardly get any of it out, and after ten minutes struggling to do one small bit - by which time my hands and fingers were starting to ache - I gave up and opened the Halfords stuff. What a joy to use by comparison - the concertina bottle works really well and it was nice and "liquidy". Twas also about half the price for double the quantity.

Dave