Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Max entry fee?

ian crocker

Sprint venues in the southeast have been dwindling for some time. Premier circuits like Brands, Thruxton, Cadwell etc haven't been used much for years as they are so expensive. However these venues are available but at a cost. In order to help motor clubs decide whether these circuits are a viable proposition please take part in this poll. What I am asking is "what do you feel is the most you would likely pay for a sprint in the conventional format (1 or 2 pratcice runs and 2 timed runs) at a venue like those mentioned."

This forum doesn't seem to have a 'poll' facility so please just reply in this thread.

Cheers,

Ian

£75-80 sounds about right to me too. Although I am aware that Goodwood is more like £90-95 these days and we still pay it (for just 1 practice run and 2 timed runs)! Hmm, actually your question wasn't "what do you think is about right" but "what's the most you would pay" - I think it has to be less than £100.

A sprint at Cadwell would be fantastic (as long as it's a whole lap of the full circuit!).

Mike

£80 sounds about right, but I'd pay up to 100 for Goodwood, Thruxton, etc.

I would really like to join the series but there is only one event within realistic driving distance of where I live - I don't have a trailer. Is there any realistic chance of getting more events in the S of England?

Edited by - AlanB on 16 Jan 2005 18:21:30