Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

VHDP db levels.....

Weirdy

Ah... The tried and tested £50 note eh V7? *tongue*

Just for comparison, I tested mine with a boggo de-catted SLR exhaust system last year and it registered 99db. However my test equipment was Maplin's cheap an' cheerful dB meter, so it's almost definitely not as accurate as a marshalls equipment. I also reckon I was getting some reflection from a fence.

A Raceco can is on the upgrade list *thumbup*

Darren E

K80RUM Superlight R #54

Agree with above figures

My 2002 SLR, when standard measures 98 - 105dB depending on venue.....and the gradually reducing amount of packing in the silencer.

Now on Raceco and airbox - haven't had a noise test but noticeably way quieter now: practically Lexus-like now *eek*

Thanks chaps, i am hpoinmg fopr a trip to Nurburg ring and wanted to see if noise was gonna be an issue...

I'll get it checked when she's MOT'd

Weirdy

Its not the winning thats important, its the taking them apart.......

2000 slr. 96 - 97dB providing you can get the noise police to test you at 4,500rpm which is what most seem to use. If their standard is 75% of red line may require just a little persuading but always worth a try *smile*. I don't have a problem at Combe with their static test at 4,500 although they black flagged me once on drive-by, re-tested at 4,500 and the perplexed looks made my day. Had to promise to change up early and no more problems *biggrin*.

Weirdy

I've done public and private days at 'Ring and never seen a noise meter / tester. To give you an idea of my noise, I run an SLR with Raceco etc, but still struggle / get black flagged at Goodwood, Bedford etc.

Other cars at the Ring are often racing 911s, racing BMWs etc etc which are often very loud, hence my surprise. If it's a rule I guess it's a rule, but maybe one that nobody bothers about.