Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VHPD engine

Wahey

Anyone want a VHPD engine?

I saw an ad on pistonheads for one out of an elise - it has had a rebuild 2k ago and verniers added & a remap so a genuine 190 bhp.

I made enquiries and it sounded really genuine and cheap. I would have bought it but I have just got a Honda engine that I hope to shoehorn into a Caterham.

I had an e-mail from the guy selling the engine and I reckon he will now take offers for it. I think it was based Surrey way or south London. The ad is no longer on pistonheads but I am pretty sure the engine is still available.

Let me know if there is any interest and I will see if he is ok for me to post his e-mail address.

He was after £2100 but I reckon about £1900 should secure it!

while talking engines and elises I've heard that someone's ordered a 2.0L V8 for an elise from the same guy making them for 7s and a popular 'dream' Elise upgrade is the 275bhp supercharged 1.8 Honda type-R block in the Elise too - go on someone make an engine package like that to drop into my trusty Superlight for sensible money please (mind you I wouldn't say no to the VHPD block - and if I wasn't in the process of buying a bike I'd consider it).

I believe he has sold it now!

Masha - the same people that do the Honda engines in the Elises (Blink) are trying to get one to fit a superlight. I already have an engine to fit - just waiting for the kit to be ready - you can also buy a supercharger that is said to run a reliable 300bhp with no engine mods!!