Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2CV manual

Sheds Moderator

i am going to go into the loft right now to find one.

the ignition timing is set up using a timing tool which goes through the back of the block and sits in a hole in the fly wheel ,with a 12v lamp on one side of the coil as you set the ignition the lamp will light up.

if i remember that is.

clive dab *cool*

black brick pics herehere

just had a quick look ,i will have another look the weekend (we movedllast august and cannot find anything yet)

Edited by - Clive Dabinett on 12 Jan 2005 20:30:12

usually one or two going on ebay.

Do you have a specific problem? I'm happy to fax some relevant pages from Haynes, Autodata or Two-Horse manuals if you need something in a hurry. Otherwise you can post a question on the forums at www.2cvgb.co.uk (not yet members only...) or the 2CV-L group on yahoo.

(edit to correct URL)

Edited by - trailerman on 12 Jan 2005 21:41:39

Wow, great response, thanks gents. The only outstanding stuff is the middle CV joint rubber, which I understand involves a fair bit of stripdown. As far as I can ascertain from a Fr 2CV mag you have to unbolt the driveshaft at the gbox (brake drum) end, then withdraw from the hub and strip down the shaft to replace the rubber. All OK but I want to check for any obvious gotchas before I immobilise the thing in the garage. Other than that I want to strip the brakes to check for leaks and stuck bits and check/service the ignition.

Thanks Angus - I put a bid in yesterday for one on Ebay. They go for a couple of quid each in average nick and there are plenty.

As regards "how to restore" I think I need "how to more or less sort out the important bits and get the thing on the road, and sod the dents and previous owners' halfhearted attempts to apply bodyfiller". Dunno if Lindsey Porter does such a book. *wink* Still haven't got round to splitting the driveshaft and shoving on another CV rubber. 'Orrible job. ☹️

Thanks NAPP! *smile* I am currently bidding for one on Ebay that might deliver the goods. Meanwhile the chapter on brakes and driveshafts would be very useful indeed, if you can scan/Adobe/photocopy and post etc. In fact, while we're at it, ignition too. I'll pay postage and drop a couple of Eu in NtL or a collecting tin. Address follows in post.

Thanks again