Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mostly Tonight I'll be..

neil.cavanagh

Hang the pheasant by its feet n in a nice cool place for 3-4 days. (3-4 weeks if you like 'em high)

Line your kitchen sink with about 10 layers of newspaper. Have a supply of bin or supermarket bags at your side.

Start pulling out feathers from the tail end. Pull in direction of growth. You will almost always rip the skin anyway with a pheasant or small game bird, however careful you are. As you get too many feathers, wrap in a layer of paper and put in bag, carry on plucking into next layers of paper

Alternatively you can remove the head and feet then use scissors to slit skin along back from tail to neck and skin complete with feathers. This is fine if you want to casserole or pot roast the bird which is better this late in the season anyway.

Can I come to dinner please? I love pheasant.

Must hang for 5 days min

The alternative way is to just pluck the breasts after hanging and remove .

Pan fry with a dash of Calvadous.

Remove breasts then deglaze the pan and add cream and Fennel.

Serve with Game chips and the seasonal vegatables

Too Old to die Young *eek*

Edited by - Delbert on 12 Jan 2005 15:43:22

I'm just amazed that Sir Paul has yet to make a comment re: pluck the breast after hanging!!

Delbert, I'm not sure when the cock was shot... I think it was a day or so ago so should be about ready to rip its innards out! I don't like my game VERY gamey anyway, just a hint of decomposition rather than full on putrid! 😬 😬

Neil was with a bird on Saturday night, he was MSNing me in a pissed state from a train but wouldn't tell me if he'd had his wicked way. I'd not realised that he was into lady-boys (i.e. both cock and breast) or I would've asked more questions

Still it takes all sorts to make a shed

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬