Click here if you are having website access problems ×

6 Speed rebuild

Powderpuff

As you're in the area PP, you should have a chat with Steve Perks in Astwood Bank, Redditch. He's rumoured to be very good, and I think the supplier or builder of 7X's 5 speeder.

I don't know his telephone number, but if you SMS me your mobile number I'll write his number down as I pass him on the way home, and SMS it to you.

07973 347791

Gordon. I too would recommend Phil S at R & R. He gave my (new to me) six speeder a good looking over etc and was very good on cost.I had the new modified steel sleeved bearing 'nose' fitted + the tweaked cross gate ident springing.

Andy Murphy is just having his 6er done there at the moment too!

6spd finished. Just over 700 notes including VAT. New selector forks, uprated 5th, bearings, bias spring uprated and a breather fitted, plus the rest of the bits polished up (wear marks) etc etc.

Phil Stewart is a top bloke and really comes across as knowing his stuff. Wholeheartedly recommended.

Cannot say to any great extent how the box is though as I need to fit some new tyres. I still have my Le Sept ones on which are a tad on the thin side. 32Rs were due yesterday but didn't arrive so am on the phone tomorrow to get this sorted.

Initial impression on a 30mile drive is that it's a fair bit notchier than it was, but suspect this may be "newness" (the box was apparently pretty shagged - no need to comment EB teeth.gif). I'll hopefully be able to get a decent drive out this weekend.

Should this lot hang together, next stop will be an LSD.

If it doesn't, there'll be tears and maybe more questions about seq boxes!!