Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Longcross 17 April

Mrs Kipper

Excuse the numpty questions if this has all been explained before but I must have missed it.

1. Is this a Club only event or are we just an invited club?

2. Is it classed as a sprint or a hill climb? I seem to remember someone saying that there was enough change in gradient to make it a hill climb.

Only 96 days to go *thumbup* 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Kipper

Yes its a sprint and its also an invited club status event (Sutton & Cheam Motor Club)

Championship reg forms will go out with Febs LF and based on the return of these I will send them a list of who wants to enter!!

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

The sprints don't use the test hills, which are 1 in 3 gradients with a sharp 90 degree bend at the top to avoid a wall. The rallys held at the same venue do go up these.

There is a hill in the snake which the sprints use, and I have a rather good picture of my car with the front wheels in the air as I crested it (even at the modest speeds I go at!).

It's a superb venue, highly recommended, and is about 2 miles with 2 practice & 3 timed runs. You'll get to walk the 'snake' beforehand, and admire the sturdy looking trees which line it. On the spring route the second half is a long left hander, well over 100mph, then into a 2nd gear chicane.

Definitely the best venue the South East has to offer.

Jonathan

To do the non 7 Club organised events you must register for the championship as we have been invited these rounds only as part of that championship, hope that makes sense 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔.

KPM, there is a novice championship this year, details in Feb Low Flying

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Great

I eagerly await details of the novice chamionship 😬 sounds ideal for me. I was going to wait till the following year but have decided that there is no time like the present to have go.

Im booked on the Llandow trackday/shakedown so I will have to do some more research and chat to a few people then.

*thumbup*