Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Dry Sump Tank Volume (attn Steve Mell amonst others)

I reply to every thread

I hope Roger and Alex dont mind me commenting on the tanks ? ...

That was the round one . The next one that Roger designed had a square section for extra capacity, but oil surge under accelaration was an issue I understand .

I've kind of designed the next evolution following the principles of Rogers tank but with a different internal design and orientation on the bulkhead . Of course it may be aload of ****e as I havent tested it yet ....

Dave

I've got the split tank although it's interestin hearing others talk about oil levels as I run mine with the oil level equal to the baffle top when running and have had no breathing problems at all. My engine has just been inspected and rebuilt after 7000 hard miles and no wear problems at all. They foud a crack in the block due to overtightening of a main cap *eek* but the engine had no running problems prior to the strip down so i suppose I was lucky *thumbup*

I recon you'll have no problems with that tank Aves. I ran the caterham integral dry sump system initially and I bet that holds even less oil with no cooler to help temps! I think I could have got away with the smaller tank you have and kept some footwell to boot. My motor is making 245bhp.

Not exactly private peter, they are public roads, but many of them are often almost devoid of traffic.

No AA or RAC here, private recovery companies only. Never used them from the desert but did have to "hitch a ride" from my first trackday after a wire broke inside the starter motor.

Other than taht the car's never let me down.