Click here if you are having website access problems ×

xflow exhaust support bracket - photos

RogNeedham

Roger, these are great. I Can see what you were trying to describe in your previous post.

I spent 2 hrs yesterday changing the Gaskets and setting things up, only to find the gasket blowing within 20 mins use. I need to de-stress the primaries.

How did you adjust it so that it was the correct fit? I think that shimming may be the only way. Also did you make the clamp yourself ?

Cheers,

Jonathan.

-----------------------------------

1db too loud ! ☹️

Got the Raceco, just need a Gasket fix !

• Leadership Team

Jonathon

You're right it's the stress on the primaries that causes the problem. My friend and I decided after umming and erring that trying to support the exhaust just in front of the silencer box by attaching a bracket of some description to the chassis wasn't going to happen in the time we had.

So we set about making the contraption you see through good old-fashioned trial and error. The clamp going over the top of the primaries is made from two standard 'U' clamps bent back to an angle of 90 degrees. The threads of the clamps go through a bar at the back of the pipes. That steel bar is attached as described to the engine mount.

The car'll be in bits next weekend so I should get some more pics with the clamp off the car. Hope that helps - Rog