Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1600 XF with separate 90% spare engine for sale! - FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

Ade Ray

N96 live axle ex scholarship car in red and ali. 1600 Xflow Engine was dry sumped last year. Gearbox is a five speed type 9. twin 40 webbers new filters, standard 4-1 stainless steel side exhaust, cycle wings, olderstyle leather seats (drivers seat has some small holes in courtesy of a neighbours cat)with headrests, FIA roll bar, 5 webber racing steel wheels, 4 with Bridgestone RE720's in pretty good order and one with a Yokohama AO21R on a spare wheel carrier. Got 4 other AO21R aswell in various shapes probably non road legal but maybe get a track day out of them!! The car has a Sparco flat bottom suede racing wheel and a small round leather racing wheel, Also a set of Whimps in good condition, side-screens, a small round chrome clip on mirror, a tonneau and a hood. The car was re-skinned in 2002. Fitted with a heated screen, push button start. Theres no carpetting in the car but I still retain some of the carpetting but its variable in condition. The dry sump kit has all braided steel hoses (4x) and includes the remote oil filter set up. Harnesses are 4 point with a regular push release. Matt aluminium gear knob from caterham.

The condition of the car overall is fair, the live axle bush possibly needs replacing (i dont hav one of those) and the wishbone bushes do also (I have the replacements - not the time). The windscreen blades need replacing aswell!! The ali skin is in good condition as are the wings and nose. The axle is the Ital axle but it has been shimmed by Caterham.I hope you see that I have been honest in my description of the car.

Price for car £6,700 for a quick sale

With the car is a the majority of a Roger King 1700 Xflow (155 BHP) that used to be in my brothers car. It is a complete engine less starter motor and I was rebulding it for my car. Everything is the usual R-King spec including double valve springs, the Lucas electronic ignithion pack, the clutch and flywheel. Also included is a brand new 244 cam from Kent Cams still in its sealed bag of oil. The engine has accralite pistons which have had the typical modifications. Included is the twin 40 webber set, carb manifold and a new set of cam followers. the engine has a double timing chain and will come with the original fuel, pump. The dry sump pump had failed and the new one i bought is on the car as is the rest of the dry sump kit.

What is missing is: A crank shaft that wud need to be double dowelled and balanced, one cast iron con-rod that wud need to be balanced, a set of bearings, a set of camshaft bearings, gasket set, oil!

Price for engine bits £750 for a quick sale

Edited by - Ade Ray on 9 Jan 2005 01:12:54

Edited by - Ade Ray on 9 Jan 2005 11:48:42

Edited by - Ade Ray on 9 Jan 2005 11:49:18

Edited by - Ade Ray on 11 Jan 2005 11:04:25

Edited by - Ade Ray on 16 Jan 2005 13:49:35

Hi chaps

Im sorry, I have been away from my computer for a few days. I do have someone to see the car tomorrow and who could be interested in the engine but nothing is tied up yet. As to the engine. No the piston head is not damaged nor is the bore. If you look at what it would cost to get these bits in 1700 size I do not think that 750 is a lot to ask.

As to the car, I will try to do some pics if it does not sell 2morrow!

Cheers

Ade