Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap car wanted: £100 to £900

mikevernontalktalk.net

Small to medium car wanted below £900 for a friend's daughter.

Micra, Astra,Polo, 205, 306, Golf or w.h.y.

Petrol or diesel.

One owner, low mileage, service history and pristine condition would all be nice, but we're prepared to compromise!

Please email me or phone 02476 464188 (home)

Edited by - mikevernon@talktalk.net on 9 Jan 2005 09:54:56

Edited by - mikevernon@talktalk.net on 11 Jan 2005 11:26:29

This is primetime local paper territory. Every local rag has a "cars" night, go out and get wet and cold and look at a few. These days there are some fantastic value cars around for your budget. As an example I bought a grubby Volvo "to get me to work" for £325, put tyres, cambelt and a wheel bearing on it, serviced it, say another £300 and it's still running perfectly 2 years plus later. Subsequent MoTs have needed handbrake adjustment...

I think a lot of it stems from the fact that people see a scruffy car with a couple of bills pending as a liability - the reality is that 9 times out of 10 you fix the faults and the basic machine just keeps on trucking.

hi mike

rover 214 sli 5door hatchback feb94/L 3 previous owners (one a DR I kid you not!!) stacks&stacks of history/paperwork nice clean tidy good runner mot & tax out last week will pass again no prob.I'm not a car dealer ( I found a new car for my sister took this off her px used it myself for 8-9 weeks untill just before crimbo) well within you price range mot/price neg *tongue* i'm in northhamptonshire. if its any good to you give me a call 01327 872723

cheers ming(simon)

so many supercars so little time!!!!!! 😬

milage aprox 100k (95710 at last mot) not done much this year 3-5k i'd guess (can't look it's parked down the farm!!)

Edited by - MING on 11 Jan 2005 21:09:36

I'm selling an old Pug 205XR, basically the perfect learner/shopper car. 80,000miles, red, 1.1petrol, somehow gets astronomical miles per gallon (40mpg) for a petrol, in very good nick, Clarion stereo, couple months tax, will come with 12months MOT. Never been ragged (cause it can't be, it's a 1.1 :D), £600, Stamford area, 07747 60 60 66.

Graeme.

graeme finlayson / tyre warmer / fluke motorsport

graeme@fluke-motorsport.co.uk / www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk

The only problem with those cars is the prefix in front of them all - F O R D.

Another tip is to check out your local car trader site - he'll often have an unwanted PX that he's taken in. Faced with the choice of a few £ from you or paying the scrappy to take it away, he'll take your money.

Even better are the main dealers, but they have guys to underwrite their rubbish, or it goes straight to auction, but you never know.....