Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Whatever happened to...?

Myles

You forgot to mention Liberace tinkling the ivories in the corner of the field....

...no! that corner!

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssscottish

SsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuperSssssssssssssssssnot!!!

here *wink*

I could resurect (sp?) it, as i kept all the bits in a spreadsheet after the cat(ses) decided(ed) to reconstruct the layout (just a bit), and i packed all the kit away to make enough room for the scalextric.

All i've got to do is dig out the chance & community cards then battle can commence again. Or i could wait until next chrimbo of course *tongue*

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional 😬 Click here to see the old Barbarella ... and the new one two 😬

Humph. Just brings back memories of ritual humiliation - I never had any suitable toys or games to bring into school on the last day of term.

Still, I've turned out to be a perfectly balance individual... *biggrin*

"Yes mother, they won't be staying".... *wink*

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Actually, when I was at the Grammar', I made a rather-lethal crossbow weapon based on a development of an item shown on WhyDon'tYou?

The WDY version was based around a "cook's" (i.e. large) box of matches, a wooden (sprung) clothes-peg and a rubber-band. ISTR the projectile was just the rubber band...

My version retained the clothes-peg and rubber band(s), but substituted a foot-long 3/4 inch square wooden offcut as the body, and a projectile-dart made from a darts-flight, a thin balsa shaft and ( *eek*) a sharp modelling (i.e. scalpel-type) blade...

We tried it out in our common-room using the dartboard as a target - incredibly accurate, and obviously powerful. I then decided to take it outside into one of the playgrounds and see what kind of range it had...

I carried the thing (loaded, natch) - pointing straight-up in the air towards the target site - (about 200-250 metres away *confused*)...

...at which point, the clothes-peg gave up the struggle to hold the rubber-band(s), and the device launched the rather lethal dart more or less vertically...

Amazingly, I did find it again (just followed the screams... only joking... just followed the ambulance *wink*). Actually, the playground was deserted - there's never a little-oik around when you want one...

It was embedded in a grass area at the bottom of the playground behind the tennis courts - near where they used to hold bonfires (enough verisimilitude yet?) - again, pointing almost vertically... Given the 200+ metres it had covered horizontally, (and what must have been 300-400 vertically), I guess it's a good job for the BBC's lawyers that I retired the device before it could be discovered by the authorities... 😳

At Uni, I ended up running the Rifle and Pistol club... (see Sheds passim). No connection *wink*

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Myles, not the quiet, unsuspecting individual who accompanied me round Scotland whilst I nursed the mother of all hangovers 😳

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssscottish

SsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuperSssssssssssssssssnot!!!

here *wink*

Edited by - rossybee on 8 Jan 2005 23:19:28