Rebuild

ewenm

Wide track adjustable front suspension

Adjustable front ARB from Freestyle - go for their thinner bar

Rear ARB if you haven't got one

13" wheels and tyres to match

Aeroscreen *tongue*

Hook for the Kylie calendar

Edited to add: big starter switch (not a button, a two position switch)

G for Geoff

Edited by - GTD on 6 Jan 2005 15:51:56

neil - If you want bike power installing by someone else, try MNR just outside of Harrogate. I'm sure they could do it for around £2.5-3k-ish!

When I said £2k, I assumed (as I always do) that you'd be doing it yerself....

BB - Bart is coming along slowly ta. He's away at the mo' having an exhaust fanimold made, then I've got the loom to sort, the diff to change (although that might not happen straight away), the cooling system to plumb (which is pretty much planned) and the centre prop-shaft bearing mount to make. Ooooh, and the gearchange, but that's in the planning stages too!

So, we're getting there slowly.... You never know, we may end up in the NW at some point, but chances are it'd be Cumbria!

We will mend it We will fix it...

Here's a great suggestion in an answer to a question I put on the Land Rover Series 2 forum about heaters:

If you wanted to be a little warmer, you could fit a domestic radiator in the back, across the back of the centre bulkhead. You can get a small rad for about £15. Just plumb it into your heating water circuit. This works well, but you loose some originality

*thumbup* *cool* *thumbup*

G for Geoff

Coose & BB,

I stand (ok sit!) corrected... I was thinking that as a duratec conversion seems to cost £6-7K min, of which the engine is only a small part, that a 'blade conversion would be similar.

But, I'm still not convinced by a BEC SV... you are never going to get a 450kg SV with a lard arse 6'5" driver on board who likes a little luxury and does high road mileage.

Hmmm. Big starter switch.

My car came with the button - and I converted from the key-ignition to the aircraft switch myself (no loss of security - the huge lump of metal keeping your steering column warm is laughable...)

I quite like the button and - not that I stall* on the rare occassions I spin *wink* - I can't help feeling that having something big and obvious to aim for (i.e. the button) is a good idea.

* tis-true. On a sample-size of two, I've managed to keep it going (and, at Anglesey - get it in gear and keep it rolling)... *smile*

Corse - if it hadn't been for that Mr. Caravaner, I'd not have spun in the first place ( *wink*)

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Incidentally, if anyone wants to make me an offer for a starter-switch (in packaging) - *without* the sexy aircraft flip (which you can add yourself - now in various colours according to DT) - then I've got one.

DT sent me the wrong thing* originally - and I never sent it back for credit.

* I asked for the one with the aircraft-cover.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 6 Jan 2005 22:29:27

High mileage is all relevant... I managed 14,000 in a year in my Striker 'Blade without too many issues. The only problem I had was with the carp stuff that fisher sold my friend who owned the car during its conversion years, and one wire on the fuel pump *mad*. The other problem was with the organic handbrake that didn't like a car without reverse, doors, 'screen, etc, etc.

Coose, let me know when you might be up in the lakes. I'm quite often up there looking at clouds and drinking a post scramble pint. Ever thought about taking your little car over Hardknot and Wrynose? Much funniness *smile* Best of luck with the car. Let us know how its going from time to time. *thumbup*

BB