Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rebuild

ewenm

Well, tomorrow the 7 goes off to Millwood to be stripped down ☹️, chassis returned to arch for refurbishment, and then a rebuild 😬. What upgrades do the sheds reckon I should get done 🤔

I'm not planning to do any engine upgrades, but am tempted by the Freestyle inboard suspension (which is a change to cycle wings for me).

Well over 78000 miles, rebuild time...

LSD!!! doooooonnnnuts!!

You've 'only' got 115bhp haven't you??? with 70K on the engine?

It COULD be worth thinking about getting a low mileage k-series from a written off MG. As your engine is coming out it shouldn't cost much extra labour to put in a differnt new engine, and all the ancillaries would fit still.

You should be able to pick up a 160bhp 'trophy' 1.8 for not too much. Ask Dave 'engine buster' 21P!!

*thumbup* *thumbup*

Now BB, we KNOW you have a fetish for small blocks that twirl very very fast, but a 'blade conversion is going to set our man back £5k at least. AND isn't the most practical for a high mileager like young Ewen.

Now a new K-series could be done for less than 1K and could be seen as a money saver in the 'preventative maintenace' way as that 70K current motor could start to throw wobblies soon...

£5K????? Splutter........ 😳 Try £2K...... *wink*

Whilst you're on, if you want inboard suspension I could recommend not sending your chassis to Arch, but take a trip to Raw and buy one of their chassisiiisiiss. They're kept in the pile marked 'Striker'! *tongue* *wink* *thumbup*

We will mend it We will fix it...

Coose,

show we where I can take my k-series SV, give them 2K and collect it with a fully installed and working 'blade engine for 2K and I'll do it tomorrow!

Now, for the 1K or so that a new k-series could be had, and minimal installation costs as all the original k-bits can still be used Ewen could get 45bhp extra for a bargain amount! In many ways I think you could argue this is a better way to spend the money than going in-board front or LSD or stuff... if nothing else 'cos you get a new engine.

but this is all toooo serious for the sheds!!

How about some neon tubes underneath and plasma screen with PS2 playing GT4??? WOuld go down a treat on The Strip... *thumbup* 😬 😬 *cool* *cool*

Engine upgrades aren't much point without a new exhaust.

ISTR you've got some pretty large/ropey wheels/tyres too...

A nice set of SPA gauges would be a good idea so that you really know what's going on on the track (talk to Mav).

Get 'them' to fit the fuel-tank-vent non-return valve mod (approx. £25 of parts) so that you don't p*ss fuel out on left handers with a half-full tank of fuel.

Dunno what else - you've got an apollo, haven't you?

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

"Engine upgrades aren't much point without a new exhaust."

Myles, I agree if you were looking at tuning up a standard engine, but wouldn't an out-of-the-box (no, not Angus'!!) trophy K kick out 160 on the bogo Caterham exhaust? Ewen's existing exhaust has to be better than an MG ZR's shirley???

new wheels & tyres is always a good idea, as is the non-retunr valve, though that hasn't stopped mine phissing fuel like an irishman on a 6-nations weekend. Which leads to the suggestions of... aero-filler cap!! looks spangley, and whilst having the car stripped and skinned would be the perfect time to have fitted!!

*thumbup* *thumbup*

wouldn't an out-of-the-box (no, not Angus'!!) trophy K kick out 160 on the bogo Caterham exhaust? Ewen's existing exhaust has to be better than an MG ZR's shirley

Maybe - but seems a waste given what it might achieve with a decent zorst.

Might be worth taking into account MOT issues (my local MOT station just gives kitcars a visual-smoke test regardless of age) - but then again, it's not a big job to swap zorsts for the MOT.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Phone playskool motorsport and tell 'em that you'll tell everyone that they are a bunch of girls if they can't do the conversion for less than 3k and they will. Seriously, I reckon that 21/2k and some quality parts searching time will see you with a blade lump in nicely.

How's tricks with the R1 coose? Any plans to bod over to the the NW in the not too distant?

BB *thumbup*

PS Heard about dogvet's car?