Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which Dremel type tool?

ianrm

I am soon going to be embarking on enlarging the exhaust hole in the side skin to make way for my new powerspeed 4-2-1 (thanks to the bulkbuy) and I understand that the best way of doing this is with a Dremel type tool.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what is the best type and where to get one (any special offers etc).

thanks

Ian

Why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let stupidity sort itself out?

• Support Team

There was a recent thread on this here. I bought a Black and Decker one for about £40 after returning the cheap and nasty Halfords one that broke the first time I used it. Seems pretty well built but I haven't really used it in anger.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

There's a few pics here of when I did mine. IIRC I used about 5 dremmel flapwheels, the trick being not to keep the tool in one place too long so you don't wear deep grooves in it *smile*, the flapwheel that is.....

Some decent tin snips were useful too, to remove the larger bits,......Oh, and i worked out the size required by adding in one primary at a time and cutting until it sat with about 3/4" gap around it.

Photos of stuff

Thanks for the replies, just got back from Big W (Woolworths) with £20 worth of dremel look a like, loads of tools, flexible extension and upright holder. Even if it only works for the exhaust it'll be worth the money.

Ian