Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ultimate R400

GM

Zac, how wrong you are. It is a fantastic car. Other immenent vehicle deliveries force the sale. After all, you can only drive one at a time, and variety is the ..... I never keep cars too long, but they are cheaper to trade in than women!!

Wingnonuts, thanks for your interest. From the comments raised in other postings there clearly is some confusion.The car is mine and I am proposing to pass to Nutley for them to market for me. They have been a bit proavtive in anticipation upon receipt thereof. How it got into Autotrader and with that price tag I really dont know.The bottom line is, this car, is in my view, the best by far, R400 I have ever seen and driven - it is stunning in every respect and I shall be saddened to see it go.The reality is, that I have to make room for the delivery of two other toys, and if I keep this as well the "Govnor" might just notice!! it comes with an absolute host of extra bits and peices including a set of MB's shod with CR500's. I will accept the best offer over £30K, and when you look on any other site (Caterhams stock list) that is not at all unrealistic.

? but if you wanted an R400 and spent so much money and time getting it to that sort of level then why order more cars and shunt the R400 out of the picture ... dont get me wrong im not suggesting that theres anything wrong with it i just dont understand how someone could buy something so particular and finished to such a singular level, then push it out teh frame almost without using it by moving onto other cars

Whilst it's undoubtedly a very high spec car the (Nutley) description is surely inaccurate? It states 230bhp which of course an R400 isn't plus it says it'd cost £45K plus labour *confused* By my reckoning that's an R400 plus £17Ks worth of extras

R400 Duratec 230bhp *cool* Build Pictures here

and at new prices and off the caterham option list, with special paint etc, 17k is easily achievable...

well as someone who recently savaged the Caterham options list (including most of the options on the above car) I can't see how you could get >£10Ks worth let alone £17K *confused*

...oh and is it dry sumped 🤔

....and finally, it can't be the 'ultimate', it would need a Duratec and an even loader paint job for that 😳

R400 Duratec 230bhp *cool* Build Pictures here

Edited by - MikeE on 6 Jan 2005 20:09:27