Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pedal plug thingy on my computer...

Badger Bill

I was getting all ready to get some serious GPL action in over the crimble period *thumbup*, only to find that somehow I have beggared the plug thingy that goes from the pedals of my logitech formula force GP pedals into the wheel socket *mad* *thumbdown*. It looks like a plug that you get in your computer for modems and the like? Any idea if this is likely, or is it more likely to be some kind of daft blimmin' computer (read: expensive to buy one of) thing that I wouldn't understand.

Cheers for thinking about it, and bo****ks to you, if you aren't 😳 *tongue* *smile*

BB

Yes, wheel works fine *confused*

Plug is no longer attached to cable though after arguement between me it and a desk leg... *eek* *smile*

BB

PS Just realised that the plug looks like the one that goes from the phone into the handset (if it not a cordless one like mine, Rosss, before you start *tongue*)

Edited by - Badger Bill on 5 Jan 2005 16:50:05

Edited by - Badger Bill on 5 Jan 2005 16:52:07

Right, I'm off looking in RS comp to see if I can find one.

BTW just to make my joy complete, they have hard wired the fecker in at one end, so I'll have to buy a plug kit unless it is cheaper (35quid) to buy another wheel and pedal set 😳

Cheers

BB *thumbup*

I think you will be out of luck.......longest weblink ever:

http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_emea.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?<?%20print("p_sid=$p_sid&p_lva=$p_lva&p_li=$p_li")%20?>&p_faqid=86&p_created=1084180892 here

States that Logitech do not do replacement cables or connectors for their products.

The manual states that this is a four-pin plug, so it sounds rather non-standard to me. If you get one you will have to work out which wire is which.

But don't let me put you off - I'm a manically depressed pessimist.

If it does indeed look like a phone (modem) plug, and does have the 4 wires, a standard modem lead will be no use. These only use 2 wires!

However, if you can find a lead from a corporate phone system, you might have more luck. Some of these require 4 or 6 wires in a plug that looks pretty much identical. This may help.

Of Course it could all be utter b0ll0cks as well *confused*

My plan is...

...try and fix it using a little tiny phone plug.

If that fails, I'll break into the wheel casing and try and hard-wire the bugger to it.

If that fails, I'll hi-jack a nuclear submarine by disguising myself as a mer-man, with a limp, and hold the world to randsome until all the badgers are FREE!!

MUAHAHAHAHaaaahahhaaaaa.....

Right, quick update. I got the pedals out, poured myself a three pint jug of ale and watched the tele. After I finished my fine ale, I decided that the garage was too far to go to get some more so I had a quick glance at the pedals that were sat on the table as I crawled past them to get to the bottle of christmas whisky some kind hearted out-laws had bought me....

Cutting a un-necessarily long story short, the modem mini plug didn't fit and my head hurts. Think it was something that I ate, I had a suspicious look yoghurt yesterday and they never agree with me...

BB

Ahhh, so that's a BJ1100... 😳 😬

Right, found out that it is most likely a RJ22 AKA RJ10

Now, the next question is, how the devil do I attach the thing to my cable. I'm off to find out.

BB

PS So far the plan C has not been called for, but I have faith that my limping merman world randsom plan is flawless and perfect in every aspect should it be required...

Edited by - Badger Bill on 6 Jan 2005 09:57:01

Edited by - Badger Bill on 6 Jan 2005 09:57:26

Cheers, Fletch! I've got a fella working on finding one of these plugs and checking the fit. If it does, then I should be in the clear, if not, I'll bob you a mail if that's OK.

Cheers

BB

PS I went to look at the new one, but I got blocked by the though police here at school. Are you fully back in the saddle then? *thumbup* 😬

PPS Not sure who the though police are, but they blocked me all the same *confused* 😳 D'oh! *eek*

Edited by - Badger Bill on 7 Jan 2005 09:15:41