Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Warm air heater

Mark Piper

hi Mark,

I have a 3 year old one that has less than 1 hour of use

(long build time & then found out that I wanted to lose weight !)

price wise I would like £110 + postage (I'm in southampton)..let me know if you are interested

Regards

David

hi Mark,

you need to have a hole in your scuttle to take the heater (most caterhams will have this - if not a bit of diy will be necessary.) then rivet in place and position cable

I can photocopy the installation instructions for you if that helps & send with heater ?

regards

David

On a K the coolant pipe goes past the heaters location with a joining piece if the heaters not fitted.

On a 2.0Vx it's a bit more complex.

The feed to the heater comes from the submarine, the short length of metal pipe in the bottom hose between the radiator and the water pump suction. The submarine has 1, 2 or 3 off 15mm pipe connections on it. One is for the expansion tank, all cars have this. The second connects to the inlet manifld taking thermostat bypass flow from the head, some applications have this, some don't. The third will be for the heater. So if you have a 1 outlet submairine you'll need a 2 outlet to connect the heater, if you already have a 2 outlet then you'll need a 3 outlet.

For the return from the heater there's a pipe coming from the middle of the back of the head, if there's no heater this is either blanked off or removed and the hole plugged with a threaded plug. You'll need to reinstate this.