Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aces Suershift for sale

RESOLVIWOLF

as per the r500, caterham branded, with control module

unmarked and in perfect working order

currently set to 7250 rpm, £10 charge to reprogramme by aces

http://www.jackals-forge.com/TMP/mychron_fit.001.jpg

i have no idea what ist worth, anyone know what they cost new ?

as i cant set a price please start the bidding either here or by private email and high bidder wins at teh end of the week (friday)

Jackal

If you buy direct from Aces the Sureshift 2 (which is the fully programmable one) is £189 + VAT inc. delivery (for Lotus 7 Club members). I believe the non-programmable one like yours is about £20 cheaper. Of course, if you buy direct from CC and have 'Caterham' stamped across the front then they're about double that *eek*!!!

I would have been interested in yours but have recently bought the Sureshift 2. It's a fantastic system - I never use the rev counter any more any never miss a gear change! Eyes always on the road, not down at the dash. I had previously dismissed it as a gimmick until I tried it in someone else's car!

Good luck with the sale!

Richard

Jackal,

FYI, the Sureshift 2 (basically a much-more flexible version of the R500 one with an LCD display and full programmability) is around the £200 mark - there is a simpler Sureshift SB (single-button) which is just as programmable, but doesn't have the LCD for £30ish less - this is outwardly similar to the R500 one.

Given the lack of user-defined shiftpoints and rev-spread etc., I'd guess the R500 version would be priced lower accordingly.

One small further point of note - the Sureshift 2 and SB both needed an extra resistor to work with the EU3-spec MEMS (I had mine built into the control unit during construction, but you can add it to the Sureshift loom easily) - dunno what the status is with the R500 one.

HTH

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

ok, just called the relevant people , ostensibly this is the SB version as it has teh same control module and the single dash button etc..

but also has the caterham logo and IT IS the programmable version (i know cos aces reprogrammed it for me) rather than the stock R500 one.

caterham charge £299 for it including the vat .... a small fortune if you ask me. i guess its worth wahetever someone will pay

Edited by - jackal on 4 Jan 2005 14:02:40