Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

clutch pressure plate wear

Englishmaninwales

Erm,

I've been gifted a used AP clutch for my engine-project. All we checked was that the friction-plate was within AP's acceptable wear range (see here - bottom of the page).

Personally - unless the friction-plate had been replaced a number of time, I'd restrict myself to just checking for cracks in the pressure-plate and springs.

I'll beetle-off for a shufty at the AP site, but I suspect we'll only find figures for the friction material.

You can always phone them up and ask them - even if it's not an AP clutch you are using - just look up the part-numbers in BC - the advice will be the same.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Like Myles I would inspect the drive surface and unless it was scored I'd assume it was OK. You can't wear that out anyway (unless you have run it on the rivets). The fingers are another affair - I'd check them for cracks and check that there wasn't a significant wear step where the CRB runs. If it's OK, just a shiny patch on the end of each finger, you will be fine.

• Leadership Team

Malcolm,

Be sure that the original pressure plate is fine - Andy S had clutch slip on the rolling-road when he first went to 1800 - never sure whether it was a knackered cover or one specced lower due to being on a 1400? Might be worth giving him a call? This was the reason I went to the AP setup when I converted to 1800.

Stu.