Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RaceCo 7.25" Silencer

rgrigsby

As I'm going the Duratec route I need a new exhaust so my existing RaceCo 7.25 Titanium Silencer is for sale, it's about 18months old but hasn't had that much use as my car has spent pretty much the whole of this year in the garage!

It has all the usual RaceCo features of light weight, superb quality and is very very quiet even when bolted to a noisy crossflow like mine.

The down side is it's not new, it has been on my car and has the tradditional collection of scratches you get on most silencers, ie on the bottom it's got some marks. These do not affect the way it works at all it just doesn't look perfect from underneath, there are some pictures available at the following links

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

It cost around £550 new so I'm looking for about £385 although I'm open to sensible offers.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

His woodwork is of a similar standard too Ammo..I saw it on a Phantom II only the other day.

And I am led to believe he also did some similar standard work on that Mercedes SSK that went for peanuts at Goodwood last summer.

😬 😬

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Thanks Ammo,as you said nice try ,i said poor, you said crap, i,ve seen better and so have you. Can you please let me have have Metal Mickeys no ,and is the silencer now sold, regards

Edited by - henk on 4 Jan 2005 18:02:03

Henk

Poor and crap are the same thing in my opinion.

Excellence is what we all strive for.

As a matter of fact I haven't seen better welding than Mike's, and I've seen a lot of welding in my time.

The fact that he makes silencers for me (I run Raceco by the way, so you are calling something I designed mediocre) and that he is also entrusted with million pound cars for restoration should make you realise that you are not talking about a back street welder.

Maybe the photos don't do his abilities justice. Wait until you see a silencer in the flesh. There is nothing wrong with the welding.

Unless you are the Northern Hemisphere tig welding champion I think you should back off a little.

This posting is light hearted. I know you were just trying to get a lever to get something at a knock-down price. ****, I do that all the time myself! 😬

AMMO

Fitted it, took it up to Bedford Autodrom to get my new noise figure and guess what.....

Yep 0.3 dB louder.......

Bloody Gasket on 2/3 is leaking, after 5 mins of driving.

Still the system looks great and with all the noise, lots of people get to see it.

I think I should be in line for some advertising revenue !

So what is the solution to the leaky exhaust gasket ? I have posted on Tech Talk. I guess it is the £25 copper sandwich one.

As you can tell by the ime, I am well past my best. If anyone has a "fix it" for me i'l be most grateful.

Rob, Pleasure to meet you.

Jon.

-----------------------------------

1db too loud ! ☹️

Not for long!!! Santa may be coming late *biggrin*

Jon

I had the same problem with my Crossflow. I linished the gasket face on the headers as they were not quite flat and fitted the copper gaskets. Seemed to solve it.

If your engine pops and bangs on the over run than you will need to re-pack more often. When properly packed you should weigh the silencer. Then if it becomes noisy you can weigh it again to see if you have lost any packing without having to dismantle it.

Th packing burns from the front. May be an idea to dismantle the silencer to see if it need re-packing.

AMMO