Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Resprays

cat7girl

We are thinking of having our 7 totally resprayed to tidy up some stone chips etc. Our best quote so far is £800 + vat at a respectable bodyshop, with the car stripped by ourselves of all bar the f suspension (so it will go on a trailer). I want to know if anyone has had this done recently, by whome,how much did you pay and for what.

Cat7.girl@talk21.com

All the fun u need……

Edited by - cat7girl on 5 Sep 2001 18:48:02

Cat7girl,

I had mine resprayed by a local bodyshop (Barnard & Brough, Wivelsfield, West Sussex)in July - £999.50 icluding vat. That icluded metallic paint and an extra scuttle, plus preparing the bare ali on scuttle and bonnet, but I had the car completely stripped (no suspension) and it was carried on to the trailer. They did an excellent job, and were very helpful and interested in the car.

Dave

Does anyone know how much Caterham charge themselves - I'm considering having mine black & ali car done summer 02 in R500 yellow.

Incidentally does anyone know if R500 (former demonstrator 7DUO) yellow is the same as "Caterham Yellow" and what this colour actually is?

M

Don't know where your based, but a mate has a boddy shop and also owns a Seven. His work is first classs and he has carried out a few cycle wing conversions.

As he is a club member, he will give you a very fair quote, and I can vouch for his work.

Clive is based in Poole, Dorset, his number is:

01202 687787

Robert