Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Freestyle inboard - what components are included?

V7 SLR

Freestyle webby indicates the pushrod front setup is £1500 but what's included?

*arrowright*Wishbones? If so, is it just the bottom ones? The pushrod has a rod end joint so doesn't this need a different connection at the lower wishbone end? I don't want to go any wider than the standard wide track.

*arrowright*Dampers? If so would this be the alloy or steel bodied ones?

*arrowright*Springs? I'm guessing the new dampers are very much shorter than the standard ones.

Anyone got a complete parts list for this? I've had some financial good fortune and I can think of no better place to spend it than with Freestyle judging by the reports.

This should be a basic list

Wishbones top and bottom ( top without roll bar mounts and rod end bearing on upright end and bottom with pushrod mounting higher than original damper mounting) in aero section tubing in wide track width

Pushrods c/w spherical joints

Rockers

Damper tower and 4 supports

Avo adj dampers and springs

Nuts bolts washers mountings etc

No front anti roll bar is currently fitted though i could be wrong.

Dave

Simon - It was probably me. I fitted one but kept my own wishbones (as they were already rosejointed). The bottom end of the pushrod can be connected to the original lower damper mount in the botton wisbone with judicious use of spacers (washers...). I also sourced my own springs and dampers.

Dave - You're right, no arb on the roadgoing inboard kit.

V7SLR I will e mail you our picking list. The kit includes top and bottom wishbones, top has spherical joint / ball joint conversion and lower comes with a new upright spherical joints and both have new standard metalastic bushes. Two pushrods with left and right hand pushrods, hopefully one of each on each rod! So the ride height and corner weights can be adjusted by turning the arm. Interestingly when we corner weight a car we found you can leave the car on the scales turn the pushrod and just 'dial in' what ever you are looking for across the front. Two rockers with all the internal bearings, Damper tower and supports, two fully adjustable Avo alloy dampers with springs, top hose and all hardware, including new Caterham front suspension bolt kit.

We do a roll bar kit which fits inside the nose, and like our normal one is a 'twisting blade' type adjustable, but if you have read the article in Track and Race Car magazine you see we set our best time with it disconnected although we have now made one which is even softer, quite honestly, unless you are running very grippy tyres or slicks as Dave K does we think it is best without, see EVO article this month.

Hi Len, thanks very much for the reply.

I run on ACB10's all the time (apart from a one-off testing of CR500s I'm currently on - don't like them), hence my question about the ARB. I confess that I am partial to leaning on the tyres when it's hot, so perhaps we could discuss whether there would be any benefit.

I'd like to retain the standard width rear, but would be keen to change to a matched set of dampers and springs too.

I ought to be ready to commit some time in Feb.

I may bring my car to you for an evaluation if that's possible. From new it has had heavy steering but I confess I've never even measured the front camber. It tends to wear the front tyres more on the inner shoulders and initial turn in tends towards understeer. That's on about 4000 miles of (hard) road use vs 200 miles of track use.

I suspect this is all something you guys can sort out very satisfactorily.

Cheers,

Nig.