Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Blue front ARB

drB

OK must be a new thing, or perhaps widetrack only? Last years Academy (narrow track) were using orange, red or green only hence my post.

I think if there had been a blue bar someone would have used it as red and orange bars were the usual choice and an in between would presumably have been popular.

i'm hoping there is a blue one! i got the different sizes off the caterham web site.

got the red one fitted at the moment but it feels a bit too stiff and understeery, thought I'd try something a bit softer and see what happens.....

Just checked last years Academy regs and it specifically lists orange, red and green only so that explains why no-one used the blue one.

Interesting. Wonder why they excluded the blue one? Perhaps because whoever wrote the regs didn't know about it, perhaps they just felt picking three out of the four would save cash.

If you're not forced to use a standard anti roll bar by race series regs, have you thought about the Freestyle adjustable bar? You can adjust from softer than orange to harder than green with the twist of an allen key.

Unfair because they don't allow it in racing? Nope they're two separate classes, all inters are widetrack, all B's are standard track, so no advantage / disadvantage to either.

Unfair because Caterham are penalising standard track drivers by giving them less choice? Not sure, does narrow track mean less roll so they can run softer bars so no need for that particular bar? Who knows.

Easy answer, go Freestyle adjustable and you can have whatever bar size you feel like.