Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 satin black powder-coated interior panels

masha

Does anyone know if its possible to buy the powder-coated interior panels in the SLR & R500 ready powder-coated, or indeed whether they coat them when fitted to the car in the factory.

I'm contemplating removing the panels from my car and getting them powder-coated over the winter period and re-fitting them with anodised black pop-rivets. I'm therefore wondering if anyone has any recommendations or experience on doing this.

Thanks

M

When I asked for my SL to have the black interior I was tpld by the sales boy they had never done this, so I showed him an r500 in the showroom and he responded with a blank expression and said they didn't do that anymore!

However I was under the impression all SL variants came with this and was vinicated when it turned up with the black interior, and also painted black underneath! This was a no cost extra at the time.

you should be able to unrivet some of the panels, however you would still be left with how to paint the floor and footwell panels that are not removable.

looks great though

rob

The panels are powder coated before they are painted or beaten during the fitting process. This is done at Arch Motors, not at Caterham.

I would suggest that you take your car to Arch and have them replace them with new panels. The biggest advantage of the pwoeder coating is in the engine bay and under the sill sections where the powder coating protects the mating surfaces from electrolytic corrosion.

Fat Arn

See another FAT ARNIE here

See a meaty Vauxhall car here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

See the Lotus Seven Club North Kent Website here