Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Re-spray

Ozzy

Talking about sparyjobs

Any Ideas on a good colour to paint a 7.

I'ts my birthday and the wife said she would donate a respray as a birthday pressy. 😬

I was thinking a burnt orange not unlike the forum background colour. I saw it on a Lambo some time back. What about trim colour mines all chrome.

Birkin S3 Installing a Toyota 20v 4AGE motor.

I must, I must, improve my thrust !

• Support Team

Another *thumbup* for Tony. Give him a call on 01322 441604. You will have to dismantle the car yourself, i.e. remove wings, suspension and rear lights, etc. and the price will depend on your choice of paint (metallics and special finishes obviously cost more).

Yellow SL *cool* #32

For Sale: chrome headlights, sill protectors

The Original Painters !???

Are these the Poeple who apparently Charge an ADDITIONAL 1500 GBP for a "metallic"paint job.. should anyone want one :-). when the same option Onna Porsche is around 300??

Greed Personified IMHO.

Alternative is to find a good local paint shop, then do all the masking yourself. We recieved an unpanted kit from Caterham.

3 of us spent a day masking the chassis.........bear in mind the masking on a painted car from Caterham isn`t as neat as when you DIY (this is based on a comparison with a painted car from Caterham). The masking is one of the most time consuming and therefore costly elements and at the end of the day anyone can do it. The chassis was then taken to the paint shop and retunred a few days later.

See the pictures in the website link below.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

My twopenneth worth...

Whilst I am sure that TSK would do a top-notch job, they certainly aren't the be all and end all when it comes to painting cars.

If you were on the south coast I could recommend a little gem of an independent who's painted countless Caterhams (take at my car's pages on my site below for one example) as well as repairing & restoring anything from DB6s to 355s. He treats each car as if it's his own and the attention to detail and 'value adds' are exceptional. I am sure that there are others out there if you look hard enough.

If you'd feel more comfortable going with TSk then fine, but no harm in seeking out local independents either through recommendations here or through other car clubs.

Kevin Thomas

The 7 Gallery... with added BBCi

Tony painted my car last month, it was a battered old SS but now it looks like a new car *thumbup*

He is not expensive, and nothing is a problem and any bits you need he gets from the factory, so you have no running around or problems to deal with

Only one small problem is that it looks so good i can t put any old bits back on the car so its costing me a fortune!!

TSK *thumbup* *thumbup*

• Support Team

One thing to bear in mind is that aluminium needs to be etched before being painted. Failure to do this will result in a flaky paint job. Whilst I am sure that most reputable painters would know this, if they've never painted an aluminium car before they might not!

Yellow SL *cool* #32

For Sale: chrome headlights, sill protectors