Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SV or standard

Topwelshman

It all depends on what you want to do with the car. For 1 person touring the standard chassis is more than adequate, so long as you fit in. However for 2 people it does become, well, very cosy. We've done quite a bit of touring in France & the lack of storage for the passenger often means any extras have to be carried in the passenger footwell, or on her lap. As it gets warmer so it can get a little uncomfortable. If your passenger is tall it will be cramped.

For track days the SV with its wider track should allow for more power.

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Wide track front suspension as standard

Wide track rear suspension as standard

Watts linkeage as standard

Bigger fuel tank I think

No wooden boot floor

Easier removal and install of engine *tongue*

More docile on the limit (subjective comment from narrow body owners).

Bigger, wider more comfy

*thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown*

26kg heavier (I think)

Less carbon parts available

No SV seat as yet *mad*

Duratec Se7en SV, built in Dubai, pics here! *cool*

Dobuy

Carbon Tillets now available for SV! Not cheap though but neither are those for the S3.

Topwelshman

Apart from the pro's and con's already aired, it really comes down to whether you can sit in a Series 3 for as long as you might have to (if you see what I mean). I'm not small and even though I can fit in a S3 chassis with the seat taken out and drive quite comfortably for 15 or 20 minutes (which is plenty of time for a sprint/hillclimb), after about 30 minutes sitting in one and wearing a harness pulled up tight, the backache starts to become a problem. So I bought an SV! Love it! 😬

Silver SV SSR

Have you 'Driven' a seven??

Seat/Entry/Exit size is only the Tip of the IceBerg ..Mate

IF so you will know that the Footwell, as in where the Pedals are is Laughably Tiny.. some say dangerously so. Totally unacceptable by any Modern and even 50 yr old standards..

But this is a Taboo Area to talk about :-) As in 'Real Men' overcome this "inconvenience"..

Thru Foot Binding ??

Nothing like getting yer foot stuck under the Brake Pedal when you need it to be Pressing on it instead.. It happens, so don't go wasting Flame virulence :-).. the effect is enough to make one Religious.

THE main (worth owning Feature) of a SV is this Teeny pedal box area is LARGER.. not a lot (2"), but subsequently its much easier to use the pedals ... other than that, the SV is a HUGE :-) 2 " longer and 4" wider overall.

Yep, driven a standard one a few times and getting in and is a bit of a struggle but not to the point that it stopped me mullering it! The pedal box is extremely tight and it'd be nice to not have to wear race boots if I wanted to go to the shops in it.

What I was trying to get at was whether the extra £1500 is worth it in terms of the wider front & rear track and does that translate into alot better handling? If it's only a slight improvement then I won't consider it but if it's a big + then I will.

XL Motorsport....Racing into the Future

IF so you will know that the Footwell, as in where the Pedals are is Laughably Tiny.. some say dangerously so. Totally unacceptable by any Modern and even 50 yr old standards..

But this is a Taboo Area to talk about :-) As in 'Real Men' overcome this "inconvenience"..

Thru Foot Binding ??

Are you hinting at the size of your willy, bare? *wink*

Never had a problem with my size 9/10 Pumas - what winds me up is my current tintop - not a hope of heel'n'toe unless I either have my foot welded back on rotated 90-degrees, or I wear builders' boots....

*tongue*

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com