Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A nice cup of tea and a sit down

Barbarella

The gammon for Christmas morning breakfast is bubbling away nicely, the cake is marzipanned, iced and bejewelled with red and green glace cherries, glace pineapple and brazil nuts, stuffings are (almost) made, tonights dinner on the way.

I think I have earned some relaxation - 5 minutes and a chat to you all before I resume, finishing stuffings and making cranberry sauce, cooking dinner and making some mince pies along the way.

If this sounds like hard work, it is, but I enjoy cooking. I listened to the carol service from Kings on the radio and now its on the telly.

Later we will wrap pressies, and we will go to the sailing club bar for a drink. It's been raining most of the day, but we will cycle or walk down and avoid the BiB. They pulled someone over right outside the club other night and we all had a good gander - some silly moo in a Merc.

John is playing crib with the outlaw and CHEATING while she's in the loo - don't ever play him at cards.

ANY Se7eners near enough to pay us a visit over the next few of days will be made welcome and taken out to the garage for a look at the new arrival.

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on

Edited by - Barbarella on 24 Dec 2004 17:52:31

My club is 50yds away down the road There is only one lonley Yacht swinging on it's mooring in the bay in front of the house where in summer there are close to 200. My own is safely ashore winterised. I can't see club at moment Blizzard is so thick it's been snowing here for 6hrs now. First really white Crimble in years. Turkey still in Aga, vegs being prepared :-)) Ham cooling in utility room, Huge open fire blazing in Lounge, Great fun even after nearly 60 yrs I still love Crimble. 😬 *thumbup* *biggrin* *wink* *smile*

195BHP Dry Sumped K