Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SLR Cage - Fitting Wing Mirrors

MikeE

I've finally got around to fitting my SLR cage this weekend, looks good but it's now a b@gger trying to get in an out *tongue*

anyway, I've had to remove the carbon mirrors from the aeroscreen and need to mount them on the cage somehow. I'd like to reuse the existing carbon mirrors (without modifying them) which have the usual two bolt mounting bracket. Question is where can I get a couple of ('U' ?) brackets to fit around the cage and allow me to mount the mirrors without modifying them 🤔

cheers

R400 Duratec 230bhp *cool* Build Pictures here

Exhaust U clamps *thumbup*

I have sprayed mine in satin black and put black gaffer tape on the cage. Works v well. No vibration and you see a heck of a lot more as you can mount them higher.

You will eventually become used to the antics of getting in and out. A removable steering wheel is part of the key. If you don’t have carpets i.e. bare aluminium floor, go to your local skate shop and buy some skateboard deck non-slip tape and stick on the floor close to the seat squab. This really helps you get out and does not interfere with your feet movements for the pedals.

Grant

Black and stone chip

here