Click here if you are having website access problems ×

More tech help required please

Tony Whitley

*idea* *idea* Those of a sensitive disposition should close this thread IMMEDIATELY *eek* *idea* *idea*

I found out the other night that I need a greater flow-rate from my head. I know this because as I was throwing up there wasn't enough capacity through my mouth and it was coming through my nose too ☹️ So my question is: would I do best to fit throttle bodies or would porting and bigger valves do the trick 🤔 I don't want to spend too much because the head is next to useless anyway.

M1 7 SMW 1.4-now-1.8K Mem.No. 10376 Picture here 😬

I managed to inhale once... *eek* It made it absolutely impossible to breath - no airflow either way...

Didn't panic, calmed myself down to avoid the natural inclination to take a deep-breath or hyperventilate (all the while thinking of Jimmy...) ISTR that as I'd been yacking, I'd almost totally exhaled - so how I managed to force a cough, I don't know...

Anyway, I survived (probably only due to being sober at the time)...

😳

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Nope, septum has to come out as well for maximum flow, tongue and teeth too, I'm afraid. Mind you the teeth are most likely readily removable anyway, given Tony's advancing years. 😬

I'm sure we can get Tony's head on a flowbench to carry out some proper trials before work starts in earnest.

Reminds me of when I was an apprentice in the 60's and 2 years running, one of the older guys who had false teeth, threw up in the toilets after the drunken Christmas bash and flushed 'em down the loo. He had to face 2 consecutive Christmas dinners with no teeth. 😬 😬 😬

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV. Gad these things are expensive

Edited by - BRENT CHISWICK on 20 Dec 2004 13:24:54

I'll mention it to him and see if he can polish your nose and bore it out without completely wrecking your septum.
Ahh... septum. I see. I thought the surgery was going to be more extensive than I realised *eek*

Myles, that's quite a tale. In my "only" near-death experience (underneath a capsized dinghy in a rough sea with one of the ropes tangled round my leg) I found that everything went into slow motion as I calmly freed myself. It was only later that I started shaking...

I should add that although the vomiting followed the N.Hants Xmas Dinner it was not due to excess drinking (or the dinner).

Edited by - Tony_Whitley on 20 Dec 2004 13:50:44