Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Yippee , putting the engine together this weekend

Jason Plato

😬 Last time I drove my car was September 11th , its 4 months since I first discussed this new 1900 + K series, all steel engine with Hellier Performance. But this weekend - after all the detail planning , ordering and machining of bespoke parts - which has caused us more than a few headaches with wrong parts being arriving from suppliers and Jason getting ever more annoyed with the suppliers, plus numerous trips back and forth to Janspeed for head and bench flow testing having engine parts at times strewn across 3 continents, designing and testing concepts of new cams, new design of valves , new design of valve guides and a few other little tweaks carried over from Jason's experience on the Nissan BTTC engines, then having the missus asking how much more money is this gonna cost .I'm now going to spend this weekend with Jason at Hellier doing the final assembly of the engine (I'll make the tea and pass him the bikkies) and to take some photos for their website.

Hope then to have the engine on the dyno within a few weeks ( xmas and all that), where we will be doing a load of exhaust design, testing a selection of camshaft profiles, and various induction lengths with and without and airboxes , should then be able to bring it home and slot it in the car 😬

Just had to tell you as I'm all excited 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*

Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

Now updated *thumbup*

yes , the plates are being machined so they should be despatched soon .

Jason has been away for the past week doing engine support for some Greek competitors/customers with Super 1600 MG rally cars . He said he arrived in Greece last Thursday to be told they have a Hillclimb event to attend with 4 cars . Jason was a little surprised when they arrived at the venue to find 3 miles of public roads closed all the up a mountainside , with more than 150 competitors in everything from classis Ferraris to full WRC rally cars and 800 bhp quattro sports . More than 30,000 people attended *eek* *thumbup*

Thinking about shipping the Caterham out to compete next year *thumbup*

C7 TOP *tongue*