Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

EU3 MAP sensor - signals?

Myles

Thanks,

I've also found reference to a +5V supply for a MAP sensor in the Emerald manual this evening.

As far as I can tell, then, my wiring is fine and makes sense.

I wonder why I'm not getting a reading on the Emerald then... If it was a problem with the sensor or the EU3 loom, I'd have thought the MEMS would have complained, wouldn't it???

Or are the adjustments made in relation to IAT and MAP not that great under normal conditions?

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

It could be that your sensor is buggered *eek*

If it can't see an input, MEMS sets a sensible default value for both MAP and IAT. Whilst not ideal, they are a useful 'get you home' feature.

It only really complains if it can't detect crank position. Makes it a bit hit and miss when to fire injectors and sparks 😬

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 4000 miles completed!

Could be!

I've not got Haynes handy (not that it covers EU3) - but isn't there an intermediate minor loom-plug/socket between the injectors/TPS/IACV etc. and the EU3-plug(s) proper? Could be a problem there...

The annoying thing (at this stage) is that I didn't take notice of the MAP figures - I just saw that they were reporting something. I've got a sneaky suspicion that they were reporting nonsensical values... ☹️

I've just had a look at the Emerald manual, and it says that the red XXX reading I saw for IAT will also be shown if the signal is out of range - not just when disconnected.

Are these sensors 'expensive'?... I notice that the MAP-only (not TMAP) one they sell is £70!!! *eek*

Edited by - Myles on 16 Dec 2004 22:44:21

Elise manual you downloaded is EU3 *wink*

Engine management section gives useful snippets on sensor operation etc and the wiring diagram section may be useful *confused*

ISTR MAP=25-40kPa @ idle if it's working correctly. Best way I've found of setting idle up when using mems.

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Best way I've found of setting idle up when using mems.

You have got me there.... Haven't the foggiest how you'd be able to measure that with the MEMS...

I'll take a look at the .pdf then - I was looking at the CC version.

Regds.

Myles,

slightly misleading perhaps 😬

I was measuring MAP but not with the MAP sensor. I used a vacuum gauge conncted to the spare tapping (next to the TB) on the manifold and set to idle at 30-40kPa rolling/fluctuating reading with the IACV blocked off i.e. just allowing fuel ignition trims to operate. Gives a very good idle *wink* Still can't get the fuel overrun cutoff to be 'seamless' though *confused* *mad*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Erm, not specifically. - I suspect it might have been caught on camera though... Hang on.

MMm, doesn't really look like it. It is the blob just below the 'in' from 'injection' on the cam-ladder cover in this shot here - but that doesn't help...

Edited by - Myles on 17 Dec 2004 18:56:50